Friday, October 13, 2006

PIQF Report



Thursday Sandy and I made our way down to PIQF. We've got it down to a science now. We rendezvous downtown 9am (ish).. she lives about 45 minutes or so from me. We make it to the convention center by around 10. We walk over and the crowd has gone through the line and we're in before you know it.

Sandy is patient and kind and listened to my manic ramblings all the way there. Thank you Sandy, you're a great friend. I was wound up with tons to say. She barely got a word in edgewise. Pam, back off the coffee. (ha ha ha just kidding I LOVE COFFEE) (sorry, I'll settle down now)

The greatest part about the show was how happy Sandy was to find her book and quilt sample in The Quilt House booth. This picture isn't the greatest of Sandy but we had limited time to really stage the shot because busy shoppers were kindly letting us wedge ourselves in between them and the goods. I made a big scene and I'm sure that Sandy was mortified but she was a good sport. Her book is the greatest and I'm sure when you go to her site you'll see her lovely work and feel inspired.



I didn't buy that much stuff. To be honest, I wasn't that wowed by the vendors this year. My favorite vender just didn't have the same WOW factor it usually has. I bought a couple of Lecien fat quarters and some buttons. Under $20. Normally there will be something there we've never seen and have to have. My cool shop with all the thirties fabrics didn't have anything new. SHOCKER. I didn't buy anything there. What else. I bought a pokey thing to stick in my Roxanne's Glue. I bought a thread stand. No way to make that look interesting, unless you, like me, love my huge spool of thread and want to gaze at that again. Because wow, I bet its going to rock.

I went again today with Elizabeth to deliver some patterns. We walked the show again and we agreed, nothing to wow us as consumers. We bought a couple of little frames for needlepunch and I bought a fat quarter of Day of the Dead fabric for a little garment project I have going for Frankie but that was it.

OH! But before I forget, I got to briefly see what was left of Jackie's pincushions at the Fig Tree Quilts booth. The few that were left were darling, I hope she can get a photo tomorrow. The display was darling.

And that my friends, is the end of this tale.

4 Comments:

Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

Wish I coould have come! I must go check out sandys site....

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true it wasn't a THRILLING show, but never underestimate the value of owning a pokey thing to stick in your glue. I'm sure I'll LOVE mine--once I find my glue...

11:29 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Uh-oh. I always get concerned when people aren't WOW'd at conventions... it typically means a slow season of crafting (like me and scrapbooking convention fiasco in the spring. and yes, it was a fiasco).

But, wow, was that ever a beautiful quilt Sanday was standing in front of!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never been to a quilt show and would have loved to have gone with you all. Sigh...one day I'll get to got to some of these shows.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older