Tuesday, August 01, 2006

FINALLY!


Yesterday morning I finished up the binding on my sample quilt over coffee before work. It was a lovely morning out, nice and cool. I'm glad to have that done, it was such an easy project and was just hanging over my head for DAYS. I finished piecing the quilt in just a few hours, but the machine quilting took forever. I don't know if it was machine tension or my own tension but I couldn't get it right. Meandering has fallen from grace around here, but for somethings it really is the perfect solution. So instead of the monofilament I wanted to use, I ended up chosing some pretty pale yellow and went all over it with a meander throwing in some cherries here and there for good measure.
The weather has really cooled off so it was pleasant in the shop. We had enough customers to keep it interesting and still have time to play with making up more kits. I ended up staying later than normal and when I came home I had a call from my mom, my sister is coming to town TODAY!!! If you read below, on my list of things to do was machine quilt her quilt. Holy Crap Batman.
Luckily, it was a small easy quilt to machine quilt and I found backing for it in my stash. I 'd picked up some binding fabric at the shop so there was nothing to do but scrounge up some batting from the batting pile and GET BUSY. Here's how it turned out. She loves rabbits so I think she'll like it.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot, I typed in a message & it disappeared so here we go again,

What a darling quilt! Your sister should love it. I like the cute little panel prints. Are these fabrics all from a particular collection or just mix & match?

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I like the yellow background on your know what!

4:10 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

The fabrics are just mix and match. Funny how till I took this picture I never noticed that the aqua strips were mostly all on the right side. This hung at the shop for months as well.
And yes, do you think keep yellow or try for green?

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a stunning quilt. I love the center fabrics with the rabbits and animals. So cute! I'm nervously about to start my first quilt but at the same time I'm very excited.

4:49 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Thanks ATG! The center fabrics are all actually printed from vintage postcard images onto Printed Treasures (a pretreated fabric) that you run thru your inkjet printer. You can also make your own fabric with BubbleJetSet, and back it with freezer paper. I love quilting. Don't be nervous, just dive in!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, your banner went live! It's as large as mine (although mine isn't up yet as I'm still trying to resize). The whole color thing, background, font colors look really cool!

Sandy

10:28 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Yes indeed! Thanks!

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older