Sunday, July 30, 2006

Bon Voyage Elizabeth

Ok, its not the greatest photo of an airplane I admit. Its not for lack of trying. The pressure to be clever is great and I don't want to let my people down!
But the fact remains, my friend Elizabeth is off on a vacation to Europe. She'll be cruising for a couple of weeks on a well deserved vacation with her father. From Amsterdam to Portugal, wait staff will be serving her cool beverages and there is all the room service a girl could want. No dinners to fix, no laundry to do. Elizabeth is just finishing her book for C&T Publishing due out next year and it has been a lot of work, so live if up Elizabeth!
I on the other hand, will be slaving away at the shop today. The air conditioning is really not up to the job and with this hot weather its been a challenge. My binding is done and I can bring that quilt to work and be done with it. I'm ready to move on to the rest of my list. Time to drink more coffee and get ready for the day, hope its lovely for all of you!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun at work. You are so lucky to be working in a quilt shop around all those beautiful fabrics. Lucky Elizabeth too - a trip to Europe AND her first quilt book being published! Can't wait to buy it.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

you have a shop in San Francisco? ooh, love that place. My gal friend was there just 4 weeks ago, I wonder if she visited? must ask her. ooh, what is the book called? I wonder if it will be released here?

2:37 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I live in the East Bay, about 40 miles from SF.. But there is a cute store in SF, Black Cat. I know there are others, but I don't remember their names. Out in Walnut Creek, Danville and Livemore, there are some darling stores.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Daisy Lupin said...

Hi, Thank you for your lovely comments you left about my garden. I see you are new to blogging. I have only been blogging a few months, I love it, I just treat it as a stream of consciousness, saying just what I think, and if anyone is interested that is a lovely plus. I note your daughter, said my space for grown ups. Thats how I came to blog, my daughter is a my space addict and I said I wish I could do something like that and she said quite simply, get a blog, and I did. I met some great women who are now my blogging friends and I don't know what I did without my blog. How wonderful to be working in a quilt shop.
Pop over to my site again sometime. Love xx

5:01 AM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

long time no talk....my fault...missn ya

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older