Sunday, July 30, 2006

Seeing Red

I love vintage, like lots of folks out there. I haven't had much luck with the thrifting or the garage sale, but there are a lot of nice antique stores around. I found this little tray at the Blue Door here in town, quite nice. On the same day it arrived, my box of goodies from my Minnesota trip arrived, bringing my red dot Fire King mug and a little cherry glass I found shopping with my cousin Linda. I plopped them all down on my cutting table with my latest fabric purchse, Moda's Picket Fence, and it all looked so nice together, I figured I'd take a little photo.

Inspiration can come from so many places, the colors on the old decal look like a lovely color combination for a quilt. Can't start that right now, so I'll leave the tray there to remind me of what I'd like to do when I'm done with my quilt sample. I have the binding on, just need to get that hand work done. The little quilt is a sample for a kit we're putting together at the shop for the Quilting in the Garden show. When that's done, I have one other project to finish the blocks for.. and oh, that's right, I need to finish machine quilting my sister's quilt. I'm determined to get better about starting things and starting more things and not finishing.. sigh.

But in the meantime, coffee, out back with the birds.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your photo today! Love the tray & the Picket Fence fabrics.

I'd love to see some of your quilts too!

Sandy

11:17 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I'll work on that Sandy! Thanks for the encouragement!

11:29 AM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

ahHA ! Pammie STARTS A BLOG !

Bravo !!! you did it.

I saw the post on Sandy's site about trying to get you to start your blog.

YOU'VE DONE IT !

And started out just fine !

I Love the reds....the tray is beautiful. The mug ! of course I Love this ! and the cherry glass is a find indeed.

The Blue Door sounds like a Treasure Haven.

I enjoyed reading your to do list and got tired just thinking about how much you have to do !

I will be watching and cheering from the sidesline here.
Thanks for visiting this morning.
Imagine my surprise when I put it all together and realized...PAMMIE STARTED A BLOG !

Love. S.

12:01 PM  
Blogger One Crabapple said...

ps.like Moda Fabs too...and your picture is great !

What's next ???

12:02 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Thank Sandy! I wondered if you'd make the connection.. anyway its been fun and I've enjoyed doing it. Thanks for the encouragment!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Rosa said...

Love that vintage cherry red. Beautiful tray! Wow!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Thanks Rosa!!!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

Hi, I found your blog - well somehow :) - nice to see another new blogger who loves the same things I do! xox

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the mug with white dots - just looovely, and yes thrifting and vintage are key words in my world too! :-)

happy blogging!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Miss Robyn said...

oh and by the way - is that Moda fabric a new line? Love the strawberries - not sure if we can get that here. sadly we don't get everything over here :(

2:39 PM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Yes the Moda fabric is their new Picket Fences line. I love the vintage look of their stuff. You're in Australia right? I've met people from AU at International Quilt Market before. From looking at the Australian Quilt Magazines, I see you get a lot of the same fabrics, but also have other lovelies I've never seen before!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, I love all your mentions of coffee in your blog. Here I am reading it, not having had a thought of coffee (6:30 am), and now I'm just burning for a cup. I love your finds, especially the fireking mug.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older