Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Drink up!

Hi there! How are you?  It's just one week before Christmas, and I cannot believe how fast this year has gone.  Again, so fast and at times so slow, well that's like life right?
 
Way back in early November I wrote about  making some of the cups that Kellie designed.  I think it's such a cute and clever design.  You can see her cute clamshell version here and her strip pieced version here. Well actually I wrote that I planned to make them and holy crap I did. 


cocoa2
 
I just picked up fabrics piled up on the cutting table or on my sewing table or any of the other places I had them piled up.  I found some cute Starbucks Hot Cocoa packaged for gift giving, which sparked the idea to include some white rick rack along the top edge to mimic marshmallows or whipped cream.   My cups are kind of wonky but I'm hoping it adds to the charm of them. 
 
cocoa1
 
Adding the marshmallows in the little bag seemed like a no brainer and you need a candy cane to stir your peppermint cocoa right?  

cocoa3
 
I  washi taped the candy cane to the bag of marshmallows and hung it off the loop on the cocoa packaging, slipped the cup onto the loop and tied it together with some seam tape to keep it from all falling apart. 

cocoa4
 
Then I sat back and felt smug about how cute I thought it was.   Maybe you think its cute too? Or not, whatever! It won't hurt my feelings! 
 
I had a blast making them.  Now wouldn't these cups make a cute garland? 
 
Happy sewing friends! xop

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

They are super cute, Pam! Love all the added treats for the next hot cocoa too. I used to make cocoa from scratch - I just might have to do that again.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

So cute! What a great idea!

10:49 PM  
Blogger liferecipes said...

I love them! Especially the adorable fabrics you used! Why didn't I buy yards and yards of your cute green print when I had the chance?

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older