Friday, August 03, 2018

TGIF

Hi friends!  How are you?  I can't believe it's August already, and as I'm sure I've mentioned before, time is flying by at a record pace.  My sewing room is still a mess and stuff is all over the place, but I did manage to get a couple of Moda Blockhead Blocks done.  They're the easy ones of course.  This cute block is by  Stacy Iest Hsu and you can find the instructions here.


blockhead
 
This little chubby plus block is by quilting idol Laurie Simpson and you can find it here.  Mine looks a little funky due to the fact that I had to lean way over some crap to cut it out.  Not all that accurate considering it's all squares and rectangles.  Oh well. It was fun to dig thru my larger scrap box for some older PKM fabrics like that red. 
 
blockhead2

In my renewed effort to use things I've been saving, get a load of this pretty ironing board cover!  It was a gift a least at year ago if not more... and I've been saving it. Duh. But with the duct work came a fine layer of dust all over my sewing room, making it the perfect time to change that old yucky cover for this pretty one. 
 
ironingboardcover
 
Lets see how long it lasts.  In the mean time ignore that crap that's normally behind the curtain.  We still have some testing to be done on the new furnace/ac/ductwork and they need access to the vent that's behind a bunch of stuff normally hidden by a curtain.
 
Anyway soon enough the inspections etc will be done and things can return to it's normal level of chaos.  Hope you have a great weekend pals! xop
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Three things:
1. That pinwheel block is adorbs
2. I can take that pesky box of scraps off your hands
3. Have a wonderful weekend

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older