Thursday, July 26, 2018

One lonely block


Hi friends!  I can't believe we're nearing the end of July.  Time seems to move at a pretty fantastic rate these days.  I'm already behind 3 Moda Blockheads2 blocks, but I managed to throw together this little pineapple by Jan Patek yesterday in the blink of an eye.  It looks cheerful up on my 'design wall'.. which is really just a vinyl flannel backed table cloth push pinned to the wall in my hallway. Not sew fancy.


ModaBlockheads2
 
It's a sweet little thing.  I left off the little ribs that you can see in Jan's design, mostly because I was lazy.  They're a cute addition. I was happy to have some fabric that fit the bill close at hand, and the background print will  help me add more colors to the rest of the blocks.  I went off into a pink and red  tangent and getting back to my more PKM colors is a bit work considering I don't know what's coming and what will end up where.  With projects like these I have a tendency to end up with a random mishmash of things that I don't necessarily like in the end.  Is there a secret to this?  Am I on the only one who doesn't know it?  I probably should have read the instructions better.   
 
Whatever, I like making the blocks and maybe someday all these blocks will be treasure discovered in a bag at a garage sale or a thrift store.   I just enjoy making them one at a time and if they don't turn into anything else then no biggy, they've already served their purpose. 
 
I'm really not up to much else.  Just normal day stuff.  Drinking coffee, doing the laundry. What about you? I hope you're keeping cool  (or warm for you southern hemisphere folk) and things are going along as best as they can. xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Podunk Pretties said...

I hope I'm the one that finds that garage sale bag of PKM goodies!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

You know I spend three days sorting donated fabric for the church rummage sale and their wasn’t a thread of PKM in all those boxes and bags. I kept hoping...

5:58 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

This made me laugh...the number 1 reason I don’t usually do this block by block quilt alongs. I have noticed though that some people actually make a Fabric pull to work with as they start. I would not be that person������

2:17 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Hope it becomes a lovely quilt one day - and if not - someone else will exclaim in delight upon finding all these pretty ready-made blocks :)! I also find it tough to remember previous block colorways when doing sew alongs, and as I don't have a design wall, end up running back and forth to my previous blocks to see which print or colour I should use next. That counts as exercising, right?!? :)

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older