Monday, February 06, 2012

Strawberry Patch Monday

Good morning! What did you do yesterday, watch the Super Bowl? Sew? Shop? I had a good sewing day myself, with a nice fat Law and Order Marathon going how could I resist. But today it's time to talk a little about the trip.


We left Saturday and drove straight to Strawberry Patches. It's just about 4 hours to get there, but it's totally worth every minute! What a darling shop. They're super friendly, I know that's a key ingredient in a great shop.


The displays are all wonderful. And not just the super cute PKM displays, all the displays are wonderful.


There's tons of fabric! And wonderful 'stuff'. You know, ribbons, notions, patterns, you name it.


It's a happy place. I had a great time. Suzanne had a great surprise for me, a box of my very own Cherry Head candy that I'd seen on her blog (scroll for it, great post), and the cute scrapbooking supplies she used to make the tag on the PKM pillow tutorial.


The three of us had fun, Frankie picked up some cute ribbon and some FOE (fold over elastic) They have a great selection.


This is my haul. I think it will go great with some PKM. Now tell me what you're up to! xo

14 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

Hi Pam! I love that Michael Miller kitchen fabric. But who makes the cute tea cup fabric in your stash? Your pillow is adorable...I recently purchased some of that sweet pink floral fabric on the pillow! I love it!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I watched the game. Then I wept and went to bed.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

My quilting buddies and I had a Sew=per Bowl party. We sewed and ate and sewed and laughed. Good time overall.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Yes, the teacups! More info, please!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

It was nice of you and your family to stop for a visit! Frankie is adorable and I enjoyed getting to talk with her. Gosh, your photos are good...I think you are getting the hang of that new camera. Thanks again for visiting us, we LOVED IT!!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

What a nice bundle to bring home from your trip. Great for jump starting some serious sewing.

Happy Monday!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

So sorry I missed you Pam. I had forgotten I had my granddaughters basketball game and by the time we got there you had come and gone.
Maybe next time.
I don't watch the game, but it is a big day for my family. I just cooked and cooked. Then I got to sit in the 75 degree sun, watch the grands and quilt.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

LUCKY YOU getting to make that road trip! I just am so happy for you that you are living your dream. The shop is just plain cute with the PKM displays. Be still my heart!! Next time, girlie, swing by and pick me up!! I AM on the way, dontchaknow!

love ya,
Becky

PS: I went to Alameda Point for some shopping therapy.....thought of you when passing Livermore. :)

8:38 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Now THAT looks like one FUN shop !!!! I could get very lost in there !!!! Sounds like you had a great little field trip!

Me: paperwork weekend ..... ugh!
AND a teensy bit of drawing and
sewing ....... yay !

9:29 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I think it is so incredibly funny that I have every single one of your "haul" fabrics. The little strawberries that look crochet are so so cute. It is all darling stuff. We are sew alike.

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would really like to visit that shop one day. Cute PKM display and I 'heart' the little red sewing machine.

I watched the Super Bowl just for the commercials and that wasn't even very impressive. Ok, maybe there was one. ;)

Have a great week!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Live in Bakersfield and just LOVE Strawberry Patches! Glad you had fun and your 'haul' is so cute.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

I had to take a break from my PKM Dresden project to start a quilt for my oldest son. R2D2 quilt - it's insanely cute. Can't wait to post the finished quilt.

7:16 AM  
Anonymous tasha said...

i love your hoop wall!!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older