Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Nature Nut

Yesterday was pretty gloomy here, what about there? I couldn't believe how dark it stayed in the house, and of course it's hard to notice the day moving by when it constantly looks like 7am inside.


Monday was wonderful. My day started with a backyard full of beautiful Cedar Waxwings. They come through one day and I always feel lucky if I see them. When I was growing up our kitchen window overlooked a hedge of Indian Hawthorn bushes.The Cedar Waxwings would come in a huge flock to eat the black berries. Very beautiful.


After that I headed over to Holly's for the day. That usually means a delicious lunch. Yesterday was no exception!


This fellow is a frequent visitor. He loves to sit on that rock and eat green berries off of one of the bushes there. He is a great model, he poses and then waits for me to get my camera.

Ok, what's new people?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Altieri said...

Lovely photos!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I am going to be on the lookout... because I have found them here, too, but just for a day, like you say. They are such a pretty bird.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

Surprisingly not gloomy in NH lately. I can't get over it! I'm sure we'll have a big snowstorm soon but for now we have no snow on the ground. I have nothing to whine about!

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how you blog about all kinds of things. So what are you and Holly up to? Something good for us I hope.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your nature is so beautiful. Ours always looks the same in S. FL.

Can't wait to see what mischief you and Holly go into...I imagine it was fun!

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older