Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Cherry Cupcake

Time just flies by sometimes. We don't recognize how fast until something crazy happens, for instance, one of the "kids" we know is having a baby. She's my friend's daughter, older sister of a school mate of Frankie's but still, one of the kids. How can she be having a baby? It wasn't that long ago she was stealing her mother's makeup in middle school. See just saying something like that puts me in old-lady-country.
I'm still in love with bow tie quilts and this baby has been nicknamed Cherry Cupcake so I knew that the Susan Branch Cupcake fabric I had squirreled away was the perfect backdrop. I pulled out all my Lakehouse Doll Dresses and got cutting yesterday. I can't decide if I should start sewing or save that project up for my next sew day, which is coming up pretty fast. I just haven't settled on a bigger project yet. And I'm kind of wishing I had more of that Doll Dress Fabric. As far as I'm concerned Holly designed this whole line knowing I would go off my gourd over it, and really, I still am hording it. Because people, if you use it IT WILL BE GONE.
In other news, it was lovely out yesterday morning, cool and breezy. I sat outside and read my magazine and drank some coffee and watched this fellow working on getting a drink.

Thanks for all the Moda Bake Shop comments. We had so much fun making that skirt and then driving around the countryside here looking for the perfect backdrop. And then just being silly. We have an image to maintain.. and that image is we're crazy fun and we don't care who knows it!

Hope you had a good day peoples. I'm off with Elizabeth today, antiques, fabric and yarn. And maybe even a little lunch?

18 Comments:

Blogger Dandelion Quilts said...

This will make a darling quilt. I love the fabrics, too.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

So that's why I hoard so much fabric...because if I use it...it will be gone!!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I have some of that fabric. I went back twice for more and how they are out. I know it is still out there though, somewhere. Gosh I have too much fabric. But I'm like you. What will I do if it is gone and I want it!??? Yikes. That is an issue for Freud I guess.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Judy in Michigan said...

CHIPS has a BOLO out for 2 crazy broads - so keep a low profile but still have alot of fun!! You gals are just so much fun!

8:20 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

E? FABRIC? LUNCH? Sigh.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

That's going to be a cute quilt Pam. Isnt it amazing that our kids, friends are having babies. That just seems impossible. Because we are still babies ourself right? lol
I love that fabric and I too am hoarding it.
I'm off to check out your skirt project. I know I'm gonna love.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Can't wait to see the quilt, it is going to be adorable!!!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

Shame on that Holly! Don't worry though... more fabric is bound to be on its way.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I absolutely loved your Moda Bake Shop skirt pattern. But, just as much I loved that you inspired me to actually USE my ruffler foot. I got it for Christmas and never even took it out of the box until today. It is a wonderful attachment; now I'm looking for projects so I can use it again, soon!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Hahaha -- I love that "if you use it, it will be gone" - too perfect. And oh so true. Which is why I end up keeping fabrics until I don't like them anymore! This will be one adorable quilt!

3:34 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Well, I've been a Grandma for 8 years now, so at least you're in good company!
That quilt will be darling :-)

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Jobs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

hey, do i get credit for pointing you towards prairie queens quilts or did you already know about it?

p.s. long gone fabric can always be found usubg google to search for it! i jyst found the "impossible" to find heather ross fabric "banana seat bicycles" on cream.

no, i did not pay the extoronist's rate of $40/yd on etsy.com i found it fo $11.99/yd by searching via google.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

I love LH Doll Dresses too. I have bolts of it. If you want some, let me know. I told Elizabeth I'm the other "Pam".

7:01 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Isn't it funny how we won't use our favorite fabric because...what if they don't ever make another piece of fabric as special as that one"? And then....another one comes out that we hoard. Oh my, it's such a sickness. Love your favorite.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That quilt is gonna be so adorable...I can't wait to see it! Amazing lunch, happy fabrics and yarn...too bad about the antiques. Grrr.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I seriously love the fountain with the frog! Did you or hubby make it? ADORABLE!

I've been wanting to go to Prairie Queens quilt shop!!

9:45 PM  
Blogger dokiquilts said...

i love lakehouse and susan branch fabrics and am hoarding them too. please make your quilt so i may be inspired to actually cut into the stash :-)

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older