Thursday, July 02, 2009

Super Fun Day

Wow we had a great day yesterday. It stayed nice and cool till right at the end, but that's what car air conditioners are for, right? The antiquing portion of the day was somewhat of a bust, but lunch at the Black Bear was really good. I had the Gobbler. Mostly I always have the Gobbler. It's like Thanksgiving on sandwich. I think Elizabeth was a bit doubtful when she saw all the bears everywhere. Now she's a convert.
Anyway Prairie Queen's didn't disappoint at all. We've been there a few times and really enjoyed it. The store was hopping yesterday, lots of ladies in the classroom sewing. Some appeared to be working on the same technique Nicole and Sara learned in the class they just took.
You can see, PQ has a lot of things we love.











Here's my loot! I've always loved that Eiffel Tower fabric. I bet very few people know that's a faithful reproduction of a vintage fabric.

Anyway its a fun pile of fabric, isn't it? Kind of a departure for me, but I wanted something different for maybe a bag. Who knows. Its pretty, do I really need a reason?
Ok peeps, I'm late off the mark today. Bret has tomorrow off, so I might just make it a three day weekend. But before I close, head on over to the bake shop to check out the magic that is Julie's Coupon Clutch. Julie is also working on a Summer Swing Skirt, hopefully she'll share that soon! Have a happy and safe Fourth of July!

14 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

It was the best chicken sandwich ever and it always takes me back to early childhood when I see "my" carousel at the shopping center in SJ!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I didn't know that about the Eiffel Tower fabric and I have some!!! I know exactly where it's going.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

thanks for shout out! you are the best!!! the store looks like a lot of fun!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

What a great store. And yes I did know the Eiffel Tower fabric was a repro. I had a tiny piece of it before.

11:32 AM  
Blogger ferne said...

Is there a Black Bear in SJ? I'm sorry to have missed your visit to Prairie Queens. Last time I was there I bought some Cosmo per your recommendation. Thanks!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

I have only shopped there via on-line... nice to see some inside shots:)
Is Elizabeth still wearing the same skirt from Tuesday?????(LOL)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Thanks for showing The Prairie Queen on your blog. They really have great taste in fabric, don't they ;)

I STILL haven't gotten my hands on the Cosmo yet - I will have to take care of that soon.

Have a great 4th!!

Laurie

4:58 PM  
Blogger Kim Brackett said...

I want to go to that shop. Tonight. It looks so wonderful. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

What a great shop...and that Cosmo floss..all of it just right there!!! I wish my local quilt shops would start carrying that!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your chicken sandwich sounds yummy. Did you have cranberry sauce on it too?? Oh and some cream cheese. I'm telling you, YUMMY!!
Nice fabrics you picked out. They would make a great bag.
Thanks for the tour of the quilt shop.
Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs

7:39 PM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hey PAM! Do we ever need a real reason to buy something? (*wink*)
LOVE the fabrics and I am without one doubt that you will make something super fabu-loso out of it!

Happy 4th!

xo
becky

7:46 PM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

We go to the Black Bear in Federal Way. Dang, that's a lot of food. The Gobbler? Ok, road trip...

7:59 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Looks like a great shop!!

9:52 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

I soooo have to try Black Bear one of these days. I think of you and Bret every time I see one. Maybe next time I come down, we can do BB? That is if I can bear (ha) skipping Emil Villa's. We'll do both! And I'll have what E's having.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older