Wednesday, March 18, 2009

HI PEEPS!!!

Good morning Peeps! I hope you had some springy weather yesterday. I know Tammy and Heidi both were expecting some weather in the 70's this week and yesterday my car told me it was 73 in Livermore! Someone looks a little grumpy, but it's only because I kept talking to him instead of letting him meditate in the sun.
I'm working on a project I talked about with Nireko when we met up. She sent us some of the wonderful new pieces of the Flower Sugar line for Lecien. I have an idea for a little pattern for them to give away. Anyway, I was trying to be clever. Of course I'm not that good of friends with the embroidery machine, we don't hang out all that often. First I had trouble with the layout.... couldn't get things even. Then I switched to the large hoop and got all the way down to the last 'r' and saw this on my screen. HOLY CRAP. That is not good.
I thought about starting all over and then I thought about banging my head on the table, and then I decided that maybe I could try to just add that last 'r' on.. I mean it could work.

Phew, it did. Because I was seriously thinking of giving up even though I was thinking it was a fun idea.

I thought about doing another and then I put the machine away. No point in tempting fate. Hope you had a good day peeps.

p.s. those "Irish" yesterday live in Monterey.. not at my house!

16 Comments:

Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

I've banged my head on the table before. LOL. Cute ribbon. Very cute.

6:55 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Oh you little temptress you. Whatever it is I already know it's darling.
And that dog! Good night what a face. Priceless!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Well I have to say I was feeling pretty much the way Rocket looks until I saw that cute picture of him ....now I'm in a better mood ...and I'm gonna have to try that meditating thing in the future to avoid that whole "go away" look that I'm sure I have on my face (at least until a few gallons of caffeine have been consumed!)

....oh, and I was thinking that a helmet might be a good idea as part of your sewing attire ?

7:57 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

They say that a mom can say so much with just one look . . . but I think pups can do the same! That Rocket. . . the great communicator! lol!
Got to see a peek of Flower Sugar the other day. . . & I agree, Too Cute! - Can't wait to see what you (& what Elizabeth) do with it!
xo, Bren

9:11 AM  
Blogger Laura T said...

Love the picture of Rocket. He is such a cutie. We also have a Norwich Terrier, Duke and they are so much fun! Thanks for sharing the picture.

Laura T

11:29 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

73 in LIvermore! Stop it. The snow clouds are gathering here on the prairie. The wind has turned cold and we all know what that means.

That dog is SO CUTE. I am calling him Sir Walter Raleigh because he looks like of those guys with the big ruffled collar around their necks.

I wouldn't attempt that embroider in a thousand years, but then you're the stunt sewing diva.

- Suzanne

11:59 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I'm thoroughly impressed with your "R". Embroidery computer issues (in fact any computer issue) cause me to bang my head on the table.

As a result, I have a very flat forehead.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

Wow - you're much braver with your embroidery than I, Pam! hey - do you think Rocket would be happier if he had a flower sugar collar??
Cheers!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

So I'm catching up on my blog reading as I've been sans internet on my computer and I hate using my husbands. I just read that you have a ....SCOTTY DOG TOPIARY!!!!!! Post the pictures please por favor! I have one made of chicken wire that I plan on planting with moss this spring. I got it on ebay. He'll be huge when finished. I can't wait to see yours and find out where you got it.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your coffee and they had your favorite flavor when you went in.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

I'm so confused -- what's wrong with that first picture??? I think it turned out sooo cute -- I love embroidering on ribbon. I hope you can hurry and show us what you did with it!!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I love the dog's expression. It is grumpy! haha This new project looks so cute. I love this fabric and your sweet ribbon embroidery. Can't wait to see more. When? Soon I hope.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "r" is definitly my favorite, and your ribbon is weepy crazy cute. I can't wait to see what it is you're making!

Is is just me... or is Peep starting to look like Steve Wozniak?

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too hard on yourself madam. It looks great and has the touch of an artist's hands!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ummm...I think you ARE going to have to make another.
Please??

10:39 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

that ribbon is just Capital A adorable! Pam in Chico

8:49 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!! Someone does look a bit cranky. That is a hysterical photo. I love it.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older