Thursday, March 19, 2009

Garden Friend.

Wednesday was a good day for me, how about for you peeps? The weather started off all foggy and damp but it eventually burned off. Maybe it always starts off foggy, I'm just not up early enough to see it. I have tried to capture some pictures of my refurbished scottie dog topiary but he's not any easy subject. Especially when you need to crap-crop around him. Photo-editing can be a girls best friend.
He's modeled after a Mary Engelbriet garden flag of the jumping scottie. I don't even remember how Bret got the idea but he had it made for me a couple of years ago.
Anyway, he was looking ratty and his ivy finally died so we stuffed the sparse parts with fresh moss and added a nice new big pot of ivy and he's as good as new. Hopefully in a few months he will really fill in and be all ivy, but until then I think he looks just swell.
Now if only I could work that magic on the rest of the backyard.
Anyhoo.. off to see Diana this morning and drop off a quilt for Alex. Hope you guys have a super day. xo




16 Comments:

Blogger Suburban Stitcher said...

I think that he looks swell, too! Can't wait to see him in a month or so!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Perfect for slow news days: blog the progress of the Scottie! I want to see him every week.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks cool! However, is he jumping into the pot?? Very athletic.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is so cool. Screw you chia pet. Awesome

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this is so cool. Screw you chia pet. Awesome

8:24 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

He's so cute! I have a bunny and the ivy has died back. I'll try the same thing. One smart PKM you are!

8:40 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

I just love topiary animals. . . they are so fun & Bret did an amazing job making your Scotty! Way to go Bret! (I too like him with just the moss too!)
xo, Bren

8:42 AM  
Blogger Rosemary said...

i love him! I wanna see him all filled out :) I'm a big mary e and scotty dog fan myself.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

He's pretty cute, Pam - hope Rocket doesn't get jealous!
Cheers!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crap crop, that's fantastic Pam, I will have to borrow that. My house and garden could do with a whole lot of crap cropping!!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How adorable is that doggie! Not only that, but you have green things growing outside!! I'm twice as envious!! Can't wait to see you and Elizabeth in Pittsburgh!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Crap Crop .. lol.. so funny, Your scotty dog is looking revived, by the time he is filled in the weather should be warm enough here to put the plants outside.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

He's darling. I have yet to fill mine up yet. I got it on Ebay. It's on my list of things to do, though. I'm thinking Scottish moss and creeping fig. He's not gonna be easy to stuff, though.

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh PlantiePeep is so cute! Or is it a can't-think-of-a-plant-wordRocket? Can't wait to see how he grows!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Cute, cute, cute!

xo
Becky

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older