Monday, July 24, 2017

Its summer.

Morning friends! Hope you're doing well. Summer is chugging along here in PamKittyVille and it's Capital H HOT!  Not a fan at all.  Luckily we live in a little valley and the fog from the coast creeps in between the hills and cools us off so most mornings are pretty nice.   Saturday morning I sat outside and read through Lori's new book Spelling Bee.  It's so, or make that sew CUTE.  What a clever idea, not only the alphabets and numbers, upper and lower case by the way, but also punctuation,  and fun new blocks, like the globe and telephone, new flowers a dog and butterfly.. just so many cute new things, and lots of cute ways to use them.  I'm not done  looking it over yet, but I got off to a good start.  Thanks so much Fat Quarter Shop for sending it to me.   Oh and also, lots of cute peeks into Lori's cute home, which I always love. 

Spelling Bee
 
Yesterday I finished sewing my rows together, finally.  I can't wait to show a better photo but it was just too darn hot yesterday.  I keep looking for pretty places to take pictures but right now every where you go it's brown and dry, not too picturesque.

Jelly Roll Rail Way
 
These Jelly Roll Railway blocks are so fun to make.  With all these prints and the floral fabric for the background it's a Pam Kitty Mishmash but that's my favorite.  So much color and pattern in one place.  I'm loving the hourglass blocks that are a bonus design element created by using 2 prints, in each block.   You just make sure that you have your block oriented  with alternating prints. You could totally go wild and use many prints but for me that adds a level of complexity to the block layout my attention span can't handle. It was a very fun sew and I enjoyed it a lot. Best of all was enjoying the memories of that fun first collection using some of those prints brought back. 
 
Can you believe we're at the end of July already? Where does the time go? Hope you're having fun! xop
 
 
 
 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think yours is the prettiest Jelly roll railway quilt I saw. My favorite part is the hourglass blocks. it makes a fun addition to this pattern.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Gorgeous! Love the colours :)
xox

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older