Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Flower Power

Good morning!  How are things on your side of the screen?  I'm excited about my next project, this Flower Power tulip cushion from Love Patchwork and Quilting designed by Lindsay of Pen and Paper Patterns.  I love tulips blocks, there are so many ways to make them from applique to piecing and these chunky wide  tulips are great. I've seen so many great tulips lately, I wonder, are they suddenly more popular?

Flower Power
 
This pattern involves a row of paper pieced points, and that was a bit of a challenge to me.  I made a first pass and had complete failure, which you already know if you're following along on Instagram.  But I cut some bigger pieces and tried again with success, and in fact, the last two strips went really fast.  With more experience I would have had no trouble using the size pieces Lindsay has you cut and I appreciate the minimal waste they would provide. 
 
On a side note, the templates from the magazine are available on the website for easy printing! Genius idea. 
 
I can't wait to finish this up today.  I was just so thrilled with my little paper pieced wonders I had to share. I hope all is well with you friends. xo

1 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

That is such a cute pillow Pam! Think I will go off and print the templates too!

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older