Friday, July 28, 2017

Do as I say...

...and not as I do as the old saying goes.  ALWAYS check the settings on your print job when printing out templates.  I know this lesson but I  was using my little Samsung tablet to print from and I never checked the settings, just printed and started sewing.

flower power
 
When it came time to stitch my points onto the rest of the flowers... they were too small.  Insert my sad face here.  I  did scale down the width  but should have spent the time to  change the proportions of everything so it would all be in scale.. but I didn't. My flowers are still so cute but now I have to recalculate everything as the blocks are no longer square and won't easily fit into that nice layout from the magazine. 
 
AND NOW I SEE ONE MY MY LEAF SETS IS UPSIDE DOWN.
 
More Pam Problems. I  am not winning with this project. 
 
I won't let it get me down.  I still love my little flowers and will do something with them.  Maybe not right away. I don't know.
 
Hope your weekend gets off to a good start! xo
 
 
 

9 Comments:

Blogger Podunk Pretties said...

Awe..I wouldn't have noticed either issue had you not pointed them out. Still just as cute as can be. I feel your pain, I had a quilt top complete and ready for the frame this week when I realized I had one leaf upside down, well Mr. Podunk pointed it out. Even after he pointed it out I couldn't see it, blinded by love for the quilt I guess.

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Debbie said...

I actually quite like them, a happy mistake maybe. They will be sweet once made up to fit and to be honest I wouldn't change a thing that makes them unique.

6:40 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

That's why I love designs with 'floating' elements. Not so much pressure! But these sure are cute!

6:52 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Not too flowers are alike in nature! Don't be too hard on yourself.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Tami Von Zalez said...

Oh sheesh, sounds like something I would do. Sometimes ya gotta go with the mistakes, otherwise it is Angry Seam Ripping.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Janice Holton said...

Those flowers are adorable! And unless not being symmetrical is totally going to mess with the design, I think the leaves look just fine the way they are. An added interest! But yes, I do feel your frustration at them not fitting correctly now. Drat!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Well they are cute. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has #nannyproblems.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh but they are so perfectly beautiful in their uniqueness. I'm loving them. 🌷🌷🌷 I know you'll plant them in something pretty. xx

12:54 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I thought you put the leaves the other way round on purpose. I like them that way!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older