Monday, December 05, 2016

Monday


Hi there friends!  How was your weekend?  Weather was lovely here Saturday and we went out in the convertible with the top down and got some fresh air and some sun on our faces! I'm just  getting over a bit of a cold, so it was nice change from being curled up in my chair under a quilt all week.  All that's left is the obnoxious cough.  I suspect that will hang on for a while.   






Quilters Patch

Recently Fat Quarter Shop sent me a copy of their Quilter's Patch BOM book by Edyta Sitar.  Edyta has designed a lovely quilt with many unique blocks to fill her garden! The first blocks begin with easy construction and as the months progress the blocks become more complex to challenge you.  I love that this quilt includes some applique and some embroidery.  What I really love are all the garden photographs sprinkled throughout the book.  I love flower gardens and this is the most water wise garden for me right now!

Feeling cooped up I wanted to make something fun so I chose the butterfly block, which   was fast and easy to make.  I used the opportunity to practice getting that perfect center... but even if I couldn't make it I knew is was going to split my block in half to add the butterfly body.  Cute.  It just needs some corners and a touch of embroidery to complete it. 

I hope you have a fantastic week friends!  I'm happy to feel good so I'll pour another cup of coffee and get busy!  xo

2 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Today is Annika's Choral program! She is so excited. And then tomorrow we head up to Mt View for a few days with the littles during Christmas prep. Excited for that too. Not much sewing going on but to finish up binding a quilt to gift. Happy week Pam!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Lovely block...and very pretty fabric choices! Hope you feel fully well again soon Pam.
Helen xox

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older