Monday, November 07, 2016

Monday

Good morning!  I don't suppose you're quite acclimated to the time change, I'm not.  Sunday seemed like the day that lasted forever, although I don't really know why. It's just an hour, but it's like the hour that never ends!  I didn't notice the darkness so much Sunday, but today when it gets dark early the time will stretch on into eternity while I wait for Bret to get home for dinner. But luckily by the end of the week it will seem like the usual thing. 
 
Anyway, nice weekend.  It was Bret's birthday Saturday and Frankie came home to celebrate.  Always fun to spend time with her.  I didn't sew at all, but I did manage to get this Splendid Sampler block done Friday.  This block is by Jennifer Albaugh from Quiltique.

Splendid Sampler
 
Super cute, and super easy which was what made it a no brainer choice for me. Early on I decided that I wanted to do 16 blocks out of the hundred. Then I upped the game to 25.  I've had 24 blocks done forever.  I chose mostly the easy ones and I'm cool with it.  I realize I have my limitations and I really wanted to finish this.  I truly believe that it's a great opportunity to try new things, like paper piecing or applique or embroidery. I'm JUST TOO LAZY TO DO IT. 
 
So that's done.  This week I've crossed off pick last Splendid Sampler block and make it from the list and added pick sashing and finish quilt.  Maybe I should have broken that into several steps so that I'd have the joy of crossing something off more often.  We'll see.. the list is in pencil and I have a nice eraser.   Hope you guys have a great week. 
 
 

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen Philipps said...

A lovely new block...such pretty colours. (And definitely add each step to your list...so much more satisfying to tick them all off then!)
Happy November!
Helen xox

11:55 AM  
Blogger PatSloan said...

i love how you keep increasing the number!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Summer said...

Such a darling block ♥

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older