Monday, February 08, 2016

Monday

Hi there everyone! How was your weekend? Filled with festivities of the Super Bowl??   Did you join the rest of the sports-free by heading out to anyplace normally crowded?  That's what we did! 
 
Also on the agenda this weekend, was the last of those rabbits!  I still need to cut sashing and borders but right now I'm just glad they're done.  I had slowed myself down  by cutting each rabbit out separately, sewing it, then cutting another.  There was a large piece of the background fabric left over from backing another project, so I was using the oddball piece to cut .. also time consuming.  When that piece was gone I made the calculations and cut the last 6 out and phew, that made the process about a thousand times faster.   I know my down fall is trying to make the most economical cuts instead of following the pattern.  I'm my own worst enemy in that respect. 

bunny

bunny

I know some of you are thinking Pam, your background/ear selection just doesn't make any sense.  Where's the contrast?  If you look at Elizabeth's pattern, you can see she uses a dark background and white ear.  I decided I wanted a field of bunnies hiding in the flower patch, and I didn't care that some ears had more contrast than others.  I like how it turned out, but if you're going to go this way on your own bunny quilt you might want to choose medium fabrics for ears if the lack of contrast bothers you.  A nice  solid light pink could have worked, and I think the the ears with more contrast probably make more sense for the traditionally minded. Next up is cutting the sashing, hopefully this week.

Splendid Sampler Bonus
 
What's this you say?  This is a bonus  block for the Splendid Sampler.  It's something you can make to test out your fabric selections or just have fun while you wait.  The 'official' blocks begin on Valentine's Day February 14... and I can't wait. You can make a block and share it on the Facebook Page, and see what everyone else is up to. Did you join up?  The last I peeked the membership was at 10,644 and climbing!  Can you believe it?    I'm very excited to be part of this fun project.  I hope you'll join in. 
 
Ok, that's a lot of reading for a Monday Morning!  Have a happy week! xo

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love your bunny blocks!! The upcoming 'Splendid Sampler' blocks sounds exciting!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I love the way you did the bunny blocks. We have wild bunnies all over our neighborhood and burrowing under our house, much to the dismay of the Scotties. You have to look close sometimes to even see them - like yours! In fact there is one in the middle of our court as I type..........

4:31 PM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

Oh I do love your bunny blocks, Pam! I love how you made them and the fabric choices :)
Helen xox

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older