Monday, August 31, 2015

Classic and Vintage-Log Cabin

Good morning!  It's Fat Quarter Shop's Classic and Vintage day here at PamKittyVille, and its featuring one of my favorite classic blocks, the log cabin!  There's so much history with a log cabin block, and so many styles, even logs, uneven logs, light and dark sides, scrappy, thin logs, fat logs.. and lets don't even try and get into the log cabin variations. 

Classic and Vintage Log Cabin
 
For a long time it's been one of my favorites, and I've made quite a few log cabin quilts.  You can see the one that I made with 1 1/4 inch logs for Alex's book here.. and one I did for a blog hop here,  and one I made for a swap here.

CGRJAW1-450
 
There area lot of different techniques for stitching up a log cabin block.  I like to cut each log the correct size, buy you can also use strips and cut as you go. And now you can use  a hybrid method that uses oversized logs and the Creative Grids Log Cabin Trim tool.   Be sure and catch Kimberly's video over at the Fat Quarter Shop YouTube Channel where she shows you how to  use it! I think it looks like the perfect marriage of methods!

Classic and Vintage Log Cabin

I turned my log cabin block into a little mat/potholder.  Ha, like I'd ever use it on a goopy pot!

Classic and Vintage Log Cabin
 
I know you want to get sewing so you can download the block  pattern pdf here.  Fat Quarter Shop also has a pattern for the Hope Blooms Quilt, and you can by that pattern over here, it's a bargain!

 
Ok, hope you all have a fantastic week! xo
 

6 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love your Log Cabin Block with this soft Pam Kitty Morning Fabric. Hmmmmmmm!!

5:43 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh I know I have room for one more ruler! And your version is so pretty in pink Pam.

6:23 AM  
Blogger http://thankfullga447 said...

I love your fabric, I have seen it all over the blogs and now it is time to buy some.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Oh how sweet is that block and little kitty!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Marcy said...

Looks just like the log cabins in Nanette's strawberry quilt pattern I made with your fabric. The best fabric and colors!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

Very cute. Raining cats and dogs here. Nice Marcy mentioned me. Maybe people do remember me from time to time. Love the fabric.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older