Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Green

Hi there, how are you?  Even though there's tons to do , sometimes the mornings seem so nice and calm and cool.  I recently picked some figs off my little tree for mom.  This year has been a banner year for figs.  This batch plus some in the fridge added up to 18 figs, and I have already picked maybe half a dozen and there's at least a dozen on the tree. This is my biggest harvest so far, they usually come ripe one or two at a time. I love the way the tree looks, and if course the best part is that it makes my mom so happy to have fresh home grown figs. 

figs

Speaking of green and cool, I took this picture over at the studio last week.  It was hot there, but these greens are so cool and fresh looking it was a little respite.

pam kitty picnic
 
I love them all, from the simple dot to the little dogs and that meadow of white posies.. to those daisies with the hint of blue in the center, or those cherries.. all of them cool leaves in a quilted garden. I don't like bragging so let me say again that it's really Holly's genius at work, I'm merely a drop in her vast pool of creativity that brings these to fruition.  I feel so lucky to be a part of something this beautiful, so I hope you'll forgive all the gushing.  Nothing makes me happier, except perhaps seeing all your Pam Kitty projects  in your homes and as gifts.. that my friends is a real blessing.
 
Ok, enough about this today.  I hope you're having a lovely week! xo

7 Comments:

Blogger ferne said...

Green is one of my favorite colors in all shades and these do look yummy. I have 2 fig trees that are probably 20 years old and you're right this has been a banner year for fig production. My food dehydrator is full right now and I have been copying recipes for how to pickle them. The one I really want to try uses balsamic vinegar,walnuts and herbs. The other is sweet with lots of spices and oranges and lemons. I'll let you know how they go cuz you might need some recipes next year~

7:01 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Those green fabrics are the absolute sweetest!! can hardly wait to see Pam Kitty Picnic in person and get my hands on some! ;)

10:23 AM  
Blogger jan said...

I am still in love with my Back to School quilt. Pam kitty fabrics are so beautiful! And the greens are my favorite - Can't wait for PKP!
xo jan@sewandsowfarm

12:06 PM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

The fabrics are gush worthy!!! :O) Great job both of you!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Oh, I need the Scottie Dog fabric!!!!! Maggie agrees!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Let's talk about the beautiful green and blue plaid! I can see that in a quilted purse.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous brigette said...

FIGS YOU SAY???
:SWOONS

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older