Monday, July 01, 2013

Strawberry Summer

Hello Monday!  It's a short week with the holiday! Yahoo!  Also good this week, the gradual cool down here in the tri-valley area.  THANK GOODNESS. I really wanted to complain but when Sherri showed a picture on instagram of here 122 degree weather I figured I'd just shut up and deal.

strawberry
For all the heat, I actually had a great sewing weekend! Friday my pattern came, Strawberry Social, and it's so stinken fun I can't stand it.  This is one strawberry without it's top.  The leaves can go in either direction, so I want to wait and see what my layout will be before I add tops. I have 12 strawberries done, I'm pacing myself. There's a fun method for that cute strawberry top, and I'm taking my time. My points aren't perfect but I'm satisfied.  I have a nice mix of pink and red strawberries, but we'll see if I want to add more of one or the other once I lay them out. 
So what did you do this weekend? Tell me all about it.

11 Comments:

Blogger TheaMinPA said...

I went to the NQA Quilt Show in Columbus, OH - drop dead gorgeous quilts - and interesting driving weather!

5:58 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

I didn't even get to sew over the weekend. But, I'm working on finishing up a "kit". I have one more border to do and then the quilt has prairie points on the borders to add. Love the strawberry. My mom collects anything strawberry....

6:05 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

So cutee, trcking down the pattern too! I spent the weekend sewing, t maybe the last weekend for awhile to myself I think. Got the binding on my scrappytripalong and started to sewing Impromptu! When I couldn't sit at the machine any more I did about half the hand work on Yummy, quilt for my granddaughter. A fun weekend at home!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

That's going to be so cute! I still don't have my pattern. Can't wait to get it!

Happy 4th week!

Cheery wave from
Bev

6:38 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

So glad that pattern arrived for the weekend! That strawberry is just too cute!

Nothing got done around here but yard work in the mornings and evenings. Let's see if I can make up for it this week.

7:55 AM  
Blogger debbie @ happy little cottage said...

That strawberry is darn cute!! I started a churn dash quilt with some really cute PKM fabric :) I am relieved to hear that your points aren't always perfect either :) xoxo

8:41 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

OH SO SWEET....and I knew you would inspire me. DIL curtains will keep my sewing room buzzing this week, but oh how I want to pick strawberries!!!!
Even more now that I have seen yours. XXX

2:04 PM  
Blogger Annelies said...

Had to add that I LOVE that you can live with points that don't match. I KNEW we were "kindred spirits". XXX

2:05 PM  
Blogger Michelle Taylor said...

I didn't have the opportunity to sew this last weekend. I was too busy canning green beans. Hopefully I'll get to sew a little late this evening.

I really like the strawberry block. very cute.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

It got up to 124 on Sunday...but I felt like I'd already posted too many temperature pics for a few days. Luckily today was cooler...not by much...but you know every little bit helps!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I saw this pattern a bit ago. It made me laugh thinking of how I wish I'd come up with this! Great pattern and with your fabric it is a total hit.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older