Thursday, April 25, 2013

Yakkity Yak

Yesterday felt kind of laid back here.  I did a lot of around the house stuff, and then did some dorking around in the sewing room.  I'd seen a cute little quilt on, where else, Pinterest. Now I see that it comes from a book by Kathleen Tracy, I can't believe that I didn't click through to that link till now.  Anyway in the past I was a huge fan of Civil War quilts and primitive style  things, and did a lot of sewing in those colors. But my true love has always been colors of the thirties. I think a lot of the primitive designs would have a whole different fun look in cheerful colors, which is why I need to get back to my Yard Party quilt plans. Anyway, I have had those baskets on my mind and thought I'd try one out.


cute red scissors
 
Blah blah blah, I yak a lot. What I need.... less talking, more doing! Just a quick note, are those the cutest little red scissors ever?  Alex had a pair and I finally tracked them down! Sharon had them in her shop and I snapped them up! My excuse, I need adorable red scissors for photos. 

fun in the sun
 
The one nice thing about these longer days with nice weather, iced tea and a magazine out back.  We're back to high 70s and to me that's perfection!  I hope you're having a good week! xo

3 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

In SoCa it is just as lovely, cool and beautiful days. Not getting to much sewing done its hard to stay out of the garden!

5:18 AM  
Blogger Donna@AllthingsMing said...

You can't have enough pretty scissors... They were an absolute must !

6:31 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

Love the little basket. I can see a whole quilt of them with different colors of rick rack handles.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older