Wednesday, May 09, 2012

It's hot but I'm not complaining. Yet.

With a little creative blurring my backyard looks like a profusion of flowers right? That iceberg rose really blooms it's heart out, but it's a lot of work dead heading those spent blossoms. The temps are up in the high 80s and low 90s so it blooms out pretty fast. Already time for pruning again.
creative blurring

Finished up my block for the Blogger's Block of the Month. It's Amy's turn, and I really like her block. What I don't like is my puckery seams. Looks like someone  needs some remedial triangle sewing practice. I'm having some tension issues on my machine, so it could also influence my piecing. It's headed to the shop while I"m gone, so once home, I'll give it another try.
blogger BOM

I don't know why I didn't do this before. Made myself a badge holder/lanyard, whatever it's official name is. I always think of it too late when I see all the wonderfully creative ones at market. Mine isn't as clever as Angela's, but it's fun.

Why didn't I do this before?

What's new with you? I'm behind in my blog reading and I know there must be fun stuff going on !

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris@Cats On My Quilts said...

I think that lanyard is pretty darn creative and so cute! Love it.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

I love that lanyard! I've enjoyed looking at all your new projects.
I've got my new quilt top make from (PKM fabric)on the rack and have started stitching butterflies. It's so cute!!

6:00 AM  
Blogger trish said...

Your lanyard is so pretty. That rick rack just makes me smile! :o) Your block is adorable! I am in the process of making Allison's Spin Cycle and have used your fabrics. They are so pretty and such nice quality of fabric! :o) You can see my first blocks at : http://www.flickr.com/photos/notesofsincerity/
Have fun at Market!! :o)
Sincerely, Trish

4:14 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The lanyard is darling. I made one for Shelbie because she has to wear her badge like that all the time where she works. She gets compliments on it all the time. You will too. I really need to do some yard work. I wonder if I can bribe mason. He's not a very hard worker, that darn kid.

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Your roses are so pretty. I am complaining...it was 97 here yesterday so was out early to deadhead and water this morning.
Don't you just hate it when your machine acts up? Mine was serviced recently and WOW what a difference.
Love your lanyard. I need to make a name tag for Bernina Club, now I have some inspiration.
I am still loving using your fabrics. Can't wait to see your new ones. Have fun at market.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

It's hot here...and I am complaining...I get worse every year...5 months until we have great weather again...although the evenings are still pretty nice!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older