Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Alternative

This morning I found this little gnote with my coffee!


So we did.

Check out Monica's blog for these cute notes, and these cute light bulbs!


To make Frankie's cute pompom garland just string some puffy pompoms onto some perle cotton and string your lights on in a manner that pleases you. To add fabric appliques to a napkin, just trace the outline of Monica's light bulbs onto fusible web and fuse onto some Holiday Happy Fabric for the bulbs and maybe if you're lucky like me you'll have some super-coordinating dots from Elizabeth's collection Red Rose Farm to use as little bulb tops.. and fuse to your napkins. All I need on these is some blanket stitching to finish them off. Wouldn't these be cute around the cuff of a pillow case or strung on rick rack across dishtowel? I could go gnoma-nuts!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Roseann said...

You could print those light bulbs out on to printer fabric and then put fusible on the back before you cut them out.

Your stuff is stinkin' cute!

3:26 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

OMG OMG OMG... squealing like I've never squealed before!!!! I ? you and Frankie so much!!! I love what you did, I love that you blogged it. OMG!!! I ? you so [salty language] much!!! xxxoooxxxooxxo!

4:02 PM  
Blogger schmidt1016 said...

Isn't it nice to have your daughter want to play with you?
Great ideas.

Leslie S. in MN
esclante at comcast dot net

10:59 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

A "Perfect 10" on the Cute-o-meter !!!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I'm gobsmacked. What cuteness. That Frankie is a doll. Together you are a killer combo.

4:13 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

this is SO unrelated to crafting on BF, my daugthers and I (ok mostly me because how helpful are a 4, and 1 year old really?) decorated for Christmas that day!

Anyhoo....this might sounds SO dumb, but how easy, honestly, are your bag patterns with Red Rose Farm? I can follow almost any quilting pattern just fine, make it a bag or clothing pattern and I am LOST. I'd rather pull my hair out on strand at a time than follow a Simplicity Pattern again. but I LOVE your bags and want to make them!!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Linzee said...

Such a treat to have a daughter to craft with...and such wonderful results when the two of you craft together! Love it!

7:42 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh geez, how clever, print on fusible fabric sheets, I am sooooo impressed! Love the napkins and the little banner is just up my granddaughters alley!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

pardon my slobber on the keyboard - so glad you aren't here to see the mess.....

what a stinking cute garland! i need some zombie goodness here! frankie is a doll!

xx

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older