Tuesday, March 24, 2009

In the Neighborhood

Hi there peeps, how goes it? I had a busy Monday, don't know what all I got done but I know I had a fun time chatting it up with Alex around the corner at her house. Ok, not like backing up to my house or anything and it's across a big road but still, a couple of minutes away. You get the name-dropping-drift. Anyway, check out what she has...


I KNOW!!! It's one of those amazing new Berninas. Look how big it is. She said I could give it a try sometime soon, I can't wait. I think I have to finish some blanket stitching first, that Alex, it's all about work with her! But wow, that machine.. amazing.
This is like when good quilters go bad.. or maybe when good quilts go bad. Reverse sewing. Alex always is cheery though.

She loaned me this book. She read a couple of hilarious passages to me and I can't wait to get started on it. I'm at the end of my current book, so by tonight I hope I'm laughing my head off.


Ok, peeps, happy Tuesday. xo

9 Comments:

Blogger MichelleB said...

I can hardly wait what to hear what you have to say about the new Bernina. It does look huge.

8:31 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

I saw one of the new Bernina's. . . & it is big! I"m sure it's a dream to use.
The book looks fun. . . !
See you soon!!!! :o)
xo, Bren

8:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You are always having a good time! That is some machine, sure to produce some beautiful quilts. I love it when you recommend books. This looks like a have to have. Checked it out on Amazon and you could actually have a sneak peek! Sounds pretty funny. Thanks for the tip!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well when you get to test drive A's new Bernie, I WANT IT ON VIDEO! It's like Daddy givin' you the keys to his Lamborgini. With a full tank of gas!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Oh yeah - I agree with Monica! I know someone who got one recently and she is in 7th heaven! Let's see - I wonder if I can make a straight trade for one of those with 3 used Bernina's - hah!
Cheers!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun day! I'd love to hear about the test drive.

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, that thing is HUGE cuz I'm assuming Alex is a normal size person. Along with the co$t of the thing, I would have to build an addition and some support beams to house it. Sheesh. I wonder if they could have made it longer without having to make it so wide? Yeah, um, a little late for R&D, huh? I can stick with my story that I can't get one because it's too big.

5:37 AM  
Blogger chq said...

I went and looked at that new Bernina on Saturday - that mother is huge. Not only that, I think you need a mechanical engineering degree, and a tool box to operate it. The demo lady kept pulling out little tools to check things - one was a tiny mirror to check the bobbin threading, it looks like they borrowed it from the dentist office. Have you seen the bobbin? It looks like it came from Mario world where everything is supersized. It is definitely fancy and cool. Have fun when you go for your test drive!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

That's one big Bernina! I haven't seen it. I'll have to go check it out with my Bernina dealer. I, too, can't wait to hear about your test drive.

I always love your posts about the flowering plants in your yard. It's always so pretty.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older