Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Sunday

Friday we had the most perfect weather. Low eighties, lovely. Put the cushion back on the swing in the afternoon, poured some iced tea and looked at my Marie Claire Idees. Really people, it doesn't get any better than that.
Here's some of what's new around the yard. It all seems so pretty and cool looking. Saturday brought us some mid-ninety degree temps, which I totally do not appreciate. It made for hot sweaty yard work.

First iceberg rose.


I love my little cherry tree and could take a thousand photos of it's blooms. Here's just one.



One of a very few apricots on my tree. The tree is old, been here since Bret moved in about twenty five years ago. The tree is probably half dead, but still it puts forth the effort. I bet this little apricot won't last more than another week. The greedy squirrels will eat them all in this state and not wait till they reach their beautiful ripeness.


Can you believe how blue the sky is? No photoshopping people. I haven't seen such a glorious blue sky in so long.

Count on more gardeny photos, my tree is only half filled with blooms and my snowball is covered in lime green flowers, soon to be white. I love that bush.

Happy Sunday peoples.

p.s. Was I the last to know Marianne Fons had a blog?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh spring!
I won't see any blooms here in Montana for another month. I did happen to see a blade of green grass today though! LOL!! I love your bleeding hearts. they are one of my favorites! I hope to see mine peek out of the ground soon.
Shannon~

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So pretty! Thanks for sharing. I will continue to live vicariously. It snowed today.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Three Birds Inspired said...

The color of the sky in your photos is INCREDIBLE! That is my absolute favorite shade of blue. I envy your lovely weather...but not the heat & humidity.

By the way, I didn't know about Marianne Fon's blog either!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Lovely photos. Just lovely. Its warming up in the mountains but it will be a while until we have roses and those kinds of flowers. Your photos give me hope for summer. But you can keep the 90s weather!

Thanks for sharing.

And I didn't know Fons had a blog. They've got a quilt of mine and I maybe better skip on over there and see what she's doing with it!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

ahhh, a beautiful pamkitty kind of day! Great photos, and who knew Marianne Fons had a blog????

7:23 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I do love bleeding hearts. I only have white ones and they are in full bloom. I have to go get the ones like yours. I spent the day with a friend in Sacramento at a wonderful nursery, an awesome quilt store and a fantabulous ice cream shop. Doesn't get any better than this!

10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your garden tour. And the blue sky... amazing. LIke that up here in OR too. Though we're back to gray today. At least I can come here for a sunshine boost!!

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam, I love your blog! Stop by and visit mine sometime, Barb oceanwavesquilts@typepad.com.

4:50 AM  
Blogger decoratorgirl said...

I always know I can find some beauty here! I am catching up on reading.. you've been busy and so creative! The quilts are exciting to see!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam,
I'm just wandering around this morning trying to catch up on my blog reading. Your garden shots make me so envious! Our winter has been long and spring is so slow to come this year!
Celine

5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older