Monday, December 24, 2007

The Calm

You know the calm, the one in the eye of the storm? That's what I feel like I'm having. There are things to do but we're just enjoying our time and if they don't get done, they don't get done. Frankie's home and we all, yes ALL went to Daiso in Union City on Saturday. Kirstin told me there are new more local locations, so for fun we went. Bret even. It was great. Kirstin, it doesn't seem as big or as good as the Daly City store, but it's been a while.
It's true, our holiday isn't as pretty as holiday's past, but we're enjoying it so much this time. Well I'm enjoying it, I think Bret is going to miss the hosting of Christmas at our house, but his mother has graciously agreed to have it at her clean well organized house. And I'm grateful. Totally. I'll be bringing a big chunk of the food so I'm hoping I haven't put her out too much.
Today is the last minute day, but not at the furious pace we'd be last minuting if we'd been having everyone over. Lots more laughing and enjoying for us, less sniping and griping. It's a freaky change, but we like it!

4 Comments:

Blogger Doe said...

Merry Christmas, PKM!!!!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Merry Christmas PAM!! Sounds like things are not so hectic for you..I'm glad for you. Wishing you the Merriest of Merries!!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

That sounds like a brilliant change! I hope tomorrow will be just as calm and fun. Mother in laws tend to be more resilient than they usually let on.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You do seem calmer this time around...which is good! Hope you'll still be finding adequate time for emailing...

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older