Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Rest of the Weekend

Ahh now its been a whole week. What a nice weekend. The weather was perfect. Sunny and nice, not too warm.
The Apple Farm is always so beautiful. There are flowers everywhere, and its my favorite part of the experience. Look at this, its a pot on top of the waste can. Even garbage is beautiful there.
Pots of flowers that I can't grow here fill the area. I'd love to live somewhere that I could have the fuchsias and begonias that I see there. I love those big hanging baskets of tuberous begonias you see along the coastal towns.

When we were kids we'd go along and pop those flowers, I LOVED doing that. It really irritated my mom. Look at that tiny pansy face... is that not so sweet?

And yes, I love me some consumerism, and we went to this historic building that housed a shop call The Nest. I really enjoyed it. Bret and I walked all around town, window shopping and enjoying the weather and relaxing.



We made our way down to Arroyo Grande, and went to Susan Branch's little shop. I love the clean look of it. She's got her farm stand open, Branches. What a cute name for a farm stand.


More pots of flowers. I can't resist them. I saw other people taking pictures as well.




It was such a nice time. Everyone was happy, it was relaxing. We had dessert out at the pool Saturday night. We never really do something like that around here.. relax, chat. We had time to read and look at magazines, really, really a nice time.

Anyway.. time to get to some sewing. Bret is off to see the Silver Surfer, Frankie is off with a friend and his family, so I'll get some sewing time. SEWING TIME did you hear that?

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So lovely...all those flowers...hope to see that shop someday, too. Such a fun area. And so nice and cool, too.
Love,
anonymous

12:25 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Oh how I miss California sometimes! (But not the crowds. . . ) I did get to visit the Apple Farm Restaurant on my way from Santa Barbara to San Jose. It was so highly recommended. . . & was such a great place. But that was many, many moons ago & now after seeing your photos. . . I would love to go back. . . & to stay a few days! What a great place for a quilting retreat! Thanks for sharing your weekend with us!
ox.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful flowers. I know what you mean about not being able to grow some favorite flowers here. My mother always had azaleas & rhodedendrums which I wanted in my yard but with this heat & wind they just shrivel up & die. She also had fuschias & I loved to pop them & pretend they were ballerinas.

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful pics Pam! I had to chuckle when you talked about popping the fuchsias. My Grandparents always had scads of fuchsias and I would always love to pop them when visiting. Another one that grew in our yard when I was little was a variety of Impatiens (sometimes called Touch-Me-Not). The seed pods are pendant and have projectile seeds that explode out of the pods when they are lightly touched, if ripe, which is where the name touch-me-not comes from. Guess who used to love to go out and check them everyday to see if there were any pods ready to "explode"? You would love them!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Ooohhh, I'm so jealous! You got to go to Susan Branch's store! And if you have sewing time, then we'll be anxiously awaiting the results! ;-)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh what beautiful flowers - it gives me hope that some day I can make flowers look as pretty. I am still in the dirt digging stage. Thanks for sharing such beautiful flowers and photos with us.
mary

7:29 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Your photos are sooooooooo lovely - of course, you had such gorgeous places to photograph! You certainly did them justice. I do love the little pansy face in amongst all those tall flowers, making itself known to the world! And, a Susan Branch shop - wow!

8:59 AM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

A secret dream of mine is to visit the Susan Branch store as she and I are persoanl friends.

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jqtua! Ok, that means nothing. I'm just so friggen excited over the short word verification word! Anyhoo...

What a dreamy place. It looks like a Utopia! Your photos are so beautiful and make me want to hop in the car and head down there!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

What pretty flowers and quaint shops! I'd especially love to see Susan Branch's shop --- oh , and some sewing time to yourself !! All lovely things !!!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Finally! Other people who used to pop fuscias! Seriously, where have you guys been all this time?

I ate an ant once that flew into my mouth when I popped one of the fuscia buds. Huge memory huh?

I love all the flowers-so beautiful! I would have been taking pictures too.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I've got my eyes closed. I'm imagining I'm there right now just chillin' out. Hmmm...yummy food, beautiful flowers, nice weather, spending all my money at Susan's.
Shhhh......

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan Branchs shop is so cute. I loved going there. I was very happy when she said she was opening a shop. Did you go to the candy shop next door??? Hmmm good.

I must go to the Apple Farm. Never been but heard its wonderful.

6:34 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

What a beautiful place. Love the flowers. I kill poor little plants, so, I just enjoy other people's flowers.

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older