Saturday, October 29, 2022

Little Tulip Tote Bag

 Hi friends!  How are things going with you?  Finally cool here in PamKittyVille and I feel a lot more like doing something, like sewing!  I know most of your are probably already following along on IG, so this is old news, but Jean from Little Mint Designs  came out with a new bag pattern, the Little Tulip Tote Bag, and she very kindly sent me the pattern in case I'd like to try it!    

Little Tulip Tote

I had recently ordered some of Cathe Holden's new fabric (Leather and Lace and Amazing Grace for Moda)  from Sunny Day Supply, and decided it would be perfect for Jean's new bag, so I pulled some linen  and ticking I had hoarded for a long time out of my stash  and got busy.  

I like the way Jean lays out her patterns.  This patterns comes with 3 sizes and I made the medium size.  She breaks out each step with great photos and instructions, so it's easy to follow along.  I'm someone who likes the paper pattern to work off of, so I print with ink savings turned on, then if I need a better look at the photos I can come to my computer and blow them up for whatever detail I need.   

I really love the details in the bag.  There are two inside pockets and the lining has top stitching details that I think upscale the look.    The shape is cute, and the interfacing and fusible fleece are just enough to give it  good structure and there is no interfacing or fusible fleece in the seams which makes it much easier to sew together.

LittleTulipToteBag

This is my darling medium size tote.  Perfect for anything really, I went on an archeological dig in my sewing room and unearthed some natural color cotton webbing I've had for ages for the handles, and I'd ordered some very nice cotton twill tape from Jeni Baker which I used for the  ties.  I love the look. Jeni also carries the cotton webbing in her shop in case you're going to need some! 

I loved sewing this bag, Jean's patterns are so nice.  She also designed the cute Little Wisteria Pouch I made, you can see it here on my IG .  Everything finishes so nicely.  I hope you give it a try.  Thanks to Jean for sending her pattern for me, I sure appreciate my sewing friends! 

Hope all is well with you!  xop

4 Comments:

Blogger Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It's a very sweet bag. Love the fabrics you've used too.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

You did a beautiful job of this bag. Love the design and fabrics you used. It looks like such a perfect size too.

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a lovely and useful make! Might be time to venture into bag making!

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Ahitra said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older