Friday, January 22, 2021

Sew Home in the Kitchen

Hi friends!  Just popping in to share my friend Abi's book Sew Home In the Kitchen and all the projects I made out of it.   I had so much fun!!!  This is the perfect book for new sewists, especially the younger set who might just be starting out sewing and looking for useful, pretty things to make for their homes.  Abi's book is filled with simple to make useful projects.  

Abi Butler

The projects use simple techniques, and aren't  bogged down in complicated instructions, which I think is what holds a lot of people back.  There's that perfect mix of information and illustration to get the job done.   Right off I wanted to pull out some Valentine's Day fabric to chase away the winter blahs.  I went right to the Mug Rug, chose my 4 fabrics and had it made in an hour or so.  So cute.  Decided that was so easy I'd make something else, so I went for the Bowl Cozy.  VERY FUN.  The cozy holds a pretty good sized bowl as you can see.  The projects use Insul-Fleece  which is similar to Insul-bright.  I ordered a package but it didn't arrive  in time for my projects, so I used Insul-Bright. I'll let you know how it goes when I try it out.  

sewhome2

Anyway, that went so fast I decided that I'd make a pot holder, so I went right to the Hot Cook Pot Holder Set instructions to whip one out, and that became two.  Super fun, fast.  Perfect with my Valentine's Day fabric.  


sewhome1


I had some squares leftover and so I whipped out a couple of Trivets for Two.  So super cute and fast. Very fast.  Perfect use of little leftover pieces from the Mug Rug. 

sewhome4

They all looks so cute together and I have to say making them really was fun.  Bonus chance to use my cute mug from Frankie.  I love the book, it's fun, and I'm grateful to Abi for her friendship and for sending me a copy of her book.  

sewhome5

If you hop over to Abi's instagram  you can see other projects made by friends.  As for me, I have a cup of coffee and a  Valentine's kitchen towel waiting to be made into a Mama's Hot Rolls Towel. Hope you are well friends!  Happy Sewing!

4 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Aren't you ready for Valentine's :)! These are all such cute projects with your super sweet fabrics. Love what you made. I will need to check out Abi's book.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Your valentine fabric is just to adorable. I'm going to dig through my stash today to find mine to whip up a couple goodies for the grands. I read that you used Insul-bright for the bowl cozy but that isn't to be used in the microwave as it has metal in it. I would hate for your microwave to start sparking! Thanks for the book recommendation. I think that is a great starter book for my niece. It will be perfect with a few fat quarters.

5:53 AM  
Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

I don't think the bowl cozy is meant to be microwaved. Just used afterwards, like if you hold your bowl to eat in case its hot.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Mary M. said...

Hello! I found pictures of your farners market tote on Pinterest, but I can’t find a good link to the pattern. Do you have this pattern available now? Thanks!
Mary M.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older