Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Small projects

Hi there friends! I suppose it's a bit of a surprise to see me back here again.  What's going on with you? 
I've been working on small things waiting for my fancy zipper order to arrive. Fun.  One of the things I've been guilty of over the years is using potholders long past their expiration date.  My current potholders are burned and plain old worn out.  I'm guilty of making cute potholders then never using them because they're too cute to use.  HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT?  I'm trying to kick the 'saving it for a special occasion' mentality but it's hard.  So I found some fabric in my vast collection and made some new potholders.  

This first round one is my PamKittyPotHolder, it's a free pattern you can find along my side bar there.  It's pretty easy and I whipped up two of them in no time. The only thing I do different from the pattern is I put the pockets on at a slight angle so I don't obsess about the rick rack being just so.  I mean who needs that?  


potholder1

This rectangular one is a free pattern from Amy Sinabaldi's blog Nana and Co,  called the Pretty Little Potholder, and indeed her's are very pretty. This is the second time I've made it, my pocket is one a little crooked and it's KILLING ME and I keep trying to tell myself it's just a potholder... we'll see how it works out.  I went back to the old post where I had made one. I had one that turned out great and one that was well, a failed experiment.  But in looking back for the post, I searched on "potholder" and looks like I turn to potholders when I need something to sew more than I thought. 

potholder

 EXCITING NEWS!  My friend Abi  has written another book!  You may remember her from her book Modern Prairie Sewing.  I blogged about it when it came out in 2014. She sent me a copy and I can't wait to dive in.  Now I can sew something besides potholders, although I peeked and there's a nice potholder pattern in there! 

Abi Butler

I'm looking forward to reading about the kinds of things she's making for her home.  I'm so positively thrilled for her.  I was so lucky to meet her and her sisters at quilt market in May of 2012. OMG so long ago.  Time just flies by doesn't it?  Anyway soon I'll be in her book tour so watch for that! 

Ok, that's it for me today. Hope you are all well.  


3 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

I know what you mean about using pot holders way past their prime :)! I've made so many lovely ones for gifts and even 'adjusted' some of my older ones, but there is one pair that is my favorite and though I've added another backing to them, they were starting to burn our hands. So I added extra batting and Insulbright - and well - made them so thick, they were hard to use :). They have slimmed down a bit now, with use, and I still refuse to use any other ones - because they are definitely favorites. We've been through a lot together :)! Silly, right?! Love, love your cute pot holders, and maybe I'll make some new 'favorites' down the road.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Happy New Year!

12:01 PM  
Blogger QUICKTRAVELS said...


I must confess to you that im really in love with such a great content coming from you and the way you take to enduce your audience I do respect that so much. I will instantly get your lrss and stay informed of any updates you make and as well take the advantage to share some vital information regarding the.How to get a credit card numbers with cvv and zip code alongside a canadian passportbuy-clone-card-clone-card-for-salebuy-fake-bank-statement-buy-real-bank-statement
expungement-criminal-record-north-carolinacounterfeit-money-for-sale

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older