Thursday, August 21, 2014

Modern Prairie Sewing Blog Hop!

Good morning! Lets have a  coffee and talk about how cute this Modern Prairie Sewing book is.  You might remember the first time we met Abi, her sisters and her mom Kristie way back in Kansas City for Spring Quilt Market.  Today I'm excited to be sharing Abi's book with you. 

 
Modern Prairie Sewing  is filled with lots of adorable projects and a lot of great sewing information for  novice and experienced seamstresses.   Little "Sew Clever" tips are sprinkled through for additional fun ideas. 

 
The photography is lovely through out the book, but how could it not be with so many beautiful young girls  modeling the projects?  I couldn't wait to get working on my project, the Leeway Apron. 

 
I used  a home decorator weight cotton fabric that I prewashed, and some coordinating PKM blue fabric for the ties, bias tape, and my Recipe for Success for the pocket, because it makes perfect sense here! Of course Frankie isn't a prairie girl having grown up here in California, but she can look the part, ready for a potluck.
 

I shortened the pattern 3 inches for Frankie as she's petite! I think it's the perfect length for her. 


Here's a list of who else is on the hop, so you can see more fun sewing projects.

Jenny at Sew Pretty Dresses August 20th
Jona at Stop Staring and Start Sewing August 22
Melissa at 100 Billion Stars August 23
Caroline at Sew Caroline August 25
Melissa at Lilac Lane August 26
April at April Rhodes August 27
Abiah at Marie-Madeline Studio August 28

On August 29th hop on over to The Modern Prairie Girl blog for an opportunity to win a signed copy of Modern Prairie Sewing !

Thanks for joining me on this blog hop! xo




4 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Such a fun book and your model is adorable too.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

That looks like a great book. Looking forward to the blog hop. Your model is very cute as well as your apron!!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

What a fun book. Those pictures make me wish I was young and living on the prairie. Alas, I'm older and living in California. :)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Cute cute Frankie pic. Love seeing your pics always.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older