Wednesday, February 03, 2021

February

Hi there friends!  How are you?   Keeping busy?  I haven't really been up to much lately.  I'm not making an active effort to settle down and focus on much of anything.  The weather has been gloomy and we've been settling into a little cozy lazy spell here, reading, watching tv, chit chatting with friends via DMs on Instagram.  Not beating myself up over it though.  

Yesterday I switched out my old ironing board cover.  It was so cute but had become, like so many covers before it, a gross scorched version of itself, and I had to get rid of it. I really hoped this new one  would brighten up the space and cheer me onto making stuff. (p.s. that's just starch overspray on my iron, not dust.. although maybe a little dust.)

ironingboard

Frankie has been asking (bugging) me for another apron for a while.  Like for months. I had made the Fat Quarter Shop Pockets and Pies apron years ago, (you can see my apron here) and she loves it and wanted another.  Pockets for your cell phone when you bop around the house to music and a towel to wipe your hands on.  Genius.  And people it's a half hour make. Anyway just our good fortune Fat Quarter Shop came out with an update to their free pattern and it encouraged me to get busy. 

Pockets and Pies apron

Lucky I found this oyster white towel because I had the perfect Hello Kitty fabric waiting for something like this. I made it just like the pattern with the exception of the tab with the D ring so she can hook her keys to it when she goes out with the trash.  

Pockets and Pies apron

I also managed to get started FINALLY cutting out the fabric for a Little Camellia Pouch from Little Mint Designs.  I saw plenty of cute photos of the pattern samples and I had ordered the cute Kokka fabric from Sunny Day Supply. so it was perfect timing.  It's rather an eclectic mix of fabrics that I hope works.  The white tossed alphabet will be the lining, the animal fabric is called Message for You and I liked the idea of that combined with letters. 
 
LittleCamelliaPouch

There are also stickers that coordinate with this line of fabric, little messages to put on the notes the animals are holding, can't wait to see how that works! Anyway my pieces are all cut, just need to get my stabilizer ready and get sewing.  

That's what's up here in Pamkittyville.  We are headed into a few days of nice weather in the 60s with sunshine, and I am happy for that.  Even though the ground hog said 6 more weeks we'll have a bit of a respite.  Hope you are well. xop

10 Comments:

Blogger عبدالله هادى said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Ione Ronan said...

I love this Bird Song Fabric line from Pat Sloan and love what you have created with it...

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Roxanne Prue said...

I have not made very many table toppers but I’m about to begin. Thanks for the inspiration.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Linda Dennison said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Linda Dennison said...

I love your tabletopper. It looks so retro 70's, kind of fun & funky.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Vicky H. said...

Love the table topper you made and the fabrics you chose for it!!!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Eb Stevens said...

Your projects are very pretty, love the table topper!

3:42 AM  
Anonymous Diane Bevans said...

Love the bird song fabric and the project you created with the fabrics. I also loved looking thru your baskets and zipper pouch are super cute too.

12:04 PM  
Blogger BAM519 said...

I love the Bird Song Fabric and I have Pat Sloan's Table topper book. I love how your version looks. Would love to try it with this fabric.

9:48 AM  
Blogger S Brathwaite said...

I love the Breakfast Club Topper in the pink colorway it is beautiful!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older