Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Finally

Morning friends! How are you?  Are you doing ok?  I think about you and this space where we meet, but I just don't seem to manage to make it here.  But I do think about you and all the years we did meet regularly.  I miss it.   So I hope you are well.

I was surprised opening blogger to find a whole new interface!  Holy cow, it caught me by surprise, but I managed to figure it out.  I'm glad about it, because sometimes I feel like my figuring out days are behind me!  I haven't been sewing much and I see the last time I blogged it was about these cute little 'x' blocks from Heidi's blog. I managed to stitch them together finally and then layered and basted them over the weekend.  I love using Free Fuse, I know I've talked about it before.  I like it as an alternative to an adhesive spray.   

x block

Anyway I even turned into a pillow and I think it turned out so cute.  It's the perfect size.. I think it's a 12" x 16" pillow form and it tucks in nice and tight which is how I like it.  


x block


I have been spending a lot of time out back lately and I've befriended a little garden cat that comes to our backyard.  I  named him Orange Julius before I realized he's a she, so we just call her OJ.  We pretend to have tamed her, but I think she belongs to a neighbor.  Frankie took this cute picture of her.  

oj

She comes in the morning to hang out with me when I water all my plants in pots and then comes back in the evening for a few pets before it's time to head home.  She's a fun addition to the garden, and I never know when I'll see her outback waiting for me to come out and pet her.

Not much else going on here friends.  Mostly we stay home, only heading out for groceries or necessities.  We're in a heat wave right now, so we stay inside, temps are in the 100s.. and I'm not a fan at all.  I enjoy seeing all your sewing projects on Instagram, and really love seeing all the pretty garden pictures from places with summer rain.  I hope you're doing well.  Time to go get another cup of coffee!!  xop

13 Comments:

Blogger Peg said...

So nice to see your post this morning Pam. I think we are all kinda muddling thru as best we can, there should be no guilt with all that is going on.
Your pillow is so super cute! I saw it on Instagram and marked it so I could come back and be inspired over again later :)
I will be thinking positive thoughts for you and your weather. Here in Alaska today it is raining which is good. I agree on the hot temps and am in the "I do not do them" category.
Take care, Peg

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pam,
How nice to see your post! I was just thinking of you yesterday as I was digging through my stash petting fabric, and went through my collection of your fabric. It never fails to make me smile regardless of what is going on in the world. Thank you for that!

If I may, if it is all right with you, I will keep you in my prayers through this awful quarantine. I know it is so discouraging, and some days downright depressing. But we will get through it!

Please remember all the sunshine you have brought to those of us out here seeing your joyful creativity. You are a blessing!

Colleen C.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

So nice to read you. Your backyard visitor is a cutie - how nice for you to have him for a regular visitor.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Welcome back! Your pillow is adorable - so sweet and colorful. The kittie is cute. My daughter got two kittens a couple of years ago, and she had the genders wrong on both of them, so they both had to have their names adapted.

11:24 AM  
Blogger محمد على said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:55 PM  
Blogger liferecipes said...

I'm so glad you are healthy, safe, and sane! Also, it's good to know you are burned out. I grew up in Fremont so I know how hot 100 is in your area. With your amount of humidity, it's awful! Your garden kitty is adorable. Our neighborhood is named Mooch because he loves to come eat at several houses and hang out when it suits him. He loves our house much more in our good winters. Right now he is probably sleeping under his favorite shrubs in the front of the house. He really does have owners.

I'm glad you are taking good care of yourself!

11:42 AM  
Blogger ROSELINE DAVIDSON said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

SOOOO glad to see your post. I have checked here often since May. If you feel led to “come back”, please know that there are many of us who connect with you. I think we are all missing what seemed to be “the good old days”.....Stay safe everyone!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Omg!!!! I’m your neighbor and that’s my kitty!!! My mom is friends with Joyce. His name is Oliver James, funny you nicknamed him OJ! You’re welcome to love on him as we do!!! Such a funny story!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My Name is Amber. We have a kids playground in our backyard. :)

7:01 PM  
Blogger Health is Wealth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Health is Wealth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:16 PM  
Blogger busylittlequilter.blogspot.com said...

Hi, Pam! It’s so fun to visit your blog and see you writing. I miss the old days of blogging, too. Your garden pet is precious. And it’s fun to see that you still love coffee as much as I do. At least I get to “see” you on IG. I don’t post that often, though, but I do enjoy seeing other’s posts.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older