Monday, August 22, 2011

Saturday Sewing Group

So how was your weekend? I had a nice one, which included some time with the Debbies! Right off let me just confess I didn't even bring my sewing machine. I just couldn't get my act together to get something cut out, but in the end I'm glad because I got some serious baby holding in as Debbie has a new grandbaby.



Food is right up there on the sew day list and the Debbies made a delicious lunch. Of course I ate a lot of snacks, which sadly in the late afternoon caught up with me and I went home and just blobbed out in my chair. Those tiny little bear claws from Safeway are the devil.


Deb was the only one of us with quilt related show and tell. She'd been to a quilt retreat and made this wonderful quilt. Deb's work is always nice and tidy, and I love how nice the back of the quilt looks here.



Deb belongs to several different sewing groups, and she made this quilt from her winnings at another retreat. A scrap quilt is a delight isn't it?



I think the traditional Baptist Fan quilting is perfect for this quilt.



We took a quick break to head over to Alex's to see her party decorations. Her daughter Adair is marrying, and Saturday they had an engagement party. You can see more here.



It was a black and white theme,so leave it to Alex to have coordinated wildlife.


So that's pretty much the lowdown on my weekend, what about yours?

6 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Nothing better than a weekend full of friends, food and family! Oh and a new baby too!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

What?! A black squirrel! Now that's an animal that would highlight bright colors in any photo shoot. I'll just have to stick to using the neighbor's cat.

Sounds like you had a good weekend even if there wasn't much sewing. Have a good week.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Oh my gosh, what a fabulous looking party! Don't you love her black and white decorations? And how cute is that bride and groom to be?

7:46 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne Drury said...

Sounds like a fun weekend ! We spent ours getting one kid moved into his apt at Penn State main campus and the other to freshman orientation at our local branch campus of Penn State. Both started classes today - sob !

8:16 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Glad you had a good weekend! Love getting together with the sewing friends and I spent Saturday with the Material Girls. We ate quite a lot. They are a little too healthy for me...lots of cut up veggies and fruit. Not a chip in sight. I was a little sad. But I finished my Red Centre Quilt. And wow A black squirrel. We had a albino one in our neighborhood for awhile. If I see it I'll ship it over to AA so her theme can be complete! Have a wonderful week! Pam in Chico

8:16 AM  
Anonymous pat sloan said...

I love your 'Debbies' day! I had a 21 yr of nephew visits day... did stuff he wanted to do.. then took a nap.. LOL!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older