Friday, July 03, 2009

Surprise Visit

Yesterday I had the greatest time. On the spur of the moment, I just jumped in the car to go visit Frankie. We both were at loose ends for the day and decided gee, lets have some lunch.
After a tasty lunch at California Pizza Kitchen she suggested checking out some cute boutiques in Salinas. I hadn't been to old downtown in ages and let me tell you there were quite a few cute little shops there. But OHMYGOSH I was just blown away with this shop, La Belle Epoque. The shop window was amazing, I don't know if you guys ever get Somerset Magazines, but they did a whole publication on Marie Antionette that was wonderful. I just couldn't stop looking at the window.

Magnolia Pearl has been in quite a few publications as of late, and La Belle Epoque is one of two stores in California to carry their clothing.













I love the color of the shop, the wonderful trim around the ceiling and the fact that its crammed with wonderful treasures. Even looking at the pictures I can't believe I missed things.








Things like this, cleverly twisting a strand of vintage rhinestones around a shell, are so beautiful.










This window.. it just gets me.



So yes, Pamela's store is one of the prettiest stores I've seen in ages. You can catch a peek at her here in the rear of the store. Really a lovely gracious person. She's just a delight to visit with and I'm so glad she let me share photos of her beautiful store here.





So, if you're in the neighborhood, take a walk through her lovely shop. I caught Marie there on her last day in the window, its Rodeo time in Salinas so there will be a western theme window in, probably by today, and I know it will be a beautiful romantic look.


Alrighty peeps, hope you have a wonderful day! Happy Holiday Weekend, be safe, have fun! xo

8 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I will make sure I AM in that neighborhood sometime! All the luck we didn't have the day before you got yesterday.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! beautiful!

4:25 PM  
Blogger tina said...

I have decided that I need to road trip with you--------- like, soon. Gorgeous photos, great shops. Thanks for sharing!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

Pam you take the best road trips ever!!!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

I love when stores are in an older area of town and they have that vintage window storefront look. What a beautiful place to visit and shop. The colors and textures are so rich and lovely. What a find.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a great store Pam. I loved everything. Your daughter is a cutie. I'm glad you got to spend the day with her. I bet she's happy too.

8:44 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Thanks for sidekickin' me along with you guys! And I loved our combined lunch/dinner at The Old Calif. Spaghettipizza Kitchen Factory. Hi Frankie!!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

Everything is so beautiful! I could stay in a shop like that forever!

I'm glad you had fun with Frankie. She's beautiful, too.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older