Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spring Quilt Market Part One!

Just like the button says, I am a Quilter. Capital Q. I love it, love the fabric, love the patterns, everything. Mostly, really really love the people. And lets start with some of my favorites.

Here's Elizabeth, Laurie, Carrie and Kathy Schmitz! You couldn't meet four nicer women. Seriously. Don't make me get all weepy here.
That cute box Laurie showed on her blog was chock full of that cute fabric in the top picture. Vintage cherry fabric. Wow, couldn't get better than that!!! There are some wonderful pictures of her booth on her blog, so check it out. And she's so generous, displaying my purse there.

In fact, these ladies from The New Ewe saw it in the Minnick and Simpson booth and wanted to know where to get the pattern. They said they liked that it didn't look like the average quilter's purse, more like something you'd buy. They totally get me. So thank you Laurie and thanks Cathie and Pat!


Here's more favorites, Kaari, Whitney, Holly and Sandy. Kaari's new line of fabric is debuting and its lovely. I'm sure you all know about her story, if not, check her website. I'm lucky to have been to her shop when it was open.

Here's Angela getting setup to show off Fabricmatcher or the Moda Bake Shop. She had the cutest lanyard project on the Moda Bake Shop that I will be making for next market. Very clever Angela!


Here's Carrie. This is the first time we met in person, but we're blog buddies. She brought me those wonderful cherry candies above. She knew they were totally me and they are!!! Her quilts are so wonderful. I love that she's not afraid to make something challenging.



I know there's been some talk on her blog about the binding clips. Lets just say it wasn't an exaggeration.


I love the pincushions. Super cute, and in the jar.. so amazing. There was one in that jar that was blue, I just wanted to snatch that right out. It looked perfect. Well even more perfect.



Speaking of perfect, you can count on the perfectly cute Camille and Bonnie to have some wonderful projects out there.

And now here are the photos of Tammy at the announcement. I really love Tammy and the women who work for her. She is everything you could hope for in a friend. I wish I had better pictures of her and Miss Sherry.

Tammy, Sherry and Mindy are rocking the Hello Kitty (fake) Tattoos in my honor!!! They really know me!!! I have a pack of those tattoos and a pack of HK band aids for next market. Thanks girls!
Ok hope you enjoyed round one. Stay tuned.



17 Comments:

Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

The most important thing is that the vintage cherry fabric went to a good home. Loved seeing you again and give my regards to Elizabeth and the pig.

Laurie

6:46 AM  
Blogger Jodi Nelson said...

Awesome post Pam! You're killin me with the cherry stuff! ;o) ooxx`jodi

7:05 AM  
Blogger Domestic Designer said...

Thanks for sharing with all of us!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Busy Little Quilter said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. I love all the people you love! The only one I've met in person is Tammy. She's such a sweetheart. I'm so happy she's a top 10 quilt shop. I've never been to her shop, but if it's anything like her booths at quilt shows, I know it's amazing.

7:26 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Pittsburgh really was great, wasn't it...miss our favorite people already!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh HOW FUN FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!! Cracking up with the videos!!!

I want one of the strawberries.....want...

......want.....
wanting....

want....... would like...

tee hee.

safe journies..
becky

8:18 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Love the photos!!! Thanks so much...and especially love those Kitty tatoos!

8:28 AM  
Blogger tina said...

I have not been to market in TEN YEARS........ 10 years! Is that not the most shameful thing? Like, ever? I am going to have to rectify that. Perhaps I should open the floor to become a Booth Grunt for some of my favorite people??? Yes, that is the ticket!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

You are so right! It is all about the friendships!

9:46 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Love the recap, love the pics. And your new camera is AMAZING! Love all the peeps, love all the lovin'. This can only happen with quilters.

Love all the cherries too. How could anyone look at a cherry - and not think of you?! PamKittyMorning - Cherry Queen!

11:03 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

PS... mad, mad, mad love for the M&S quilt! LOVE THAT!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous tammy tadd said...

Hey my friend! You know you are probably creating a new fashion craze with those HK tatoos. Everyone will be running out to buy them and there will be pandamonium (did I spell that right? Where is Miss Sherry when I need her)!
We had such a good time with you guys, I just wish it had been longer! Next time.... love ya!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time PKM. Isn't is fun to be known for something special? Well, in your case, more than one thing. Do they make a Hello Kitty with cherries???

5:36 AM  
Anonymous amy said...

See, you know all the right people! Man, that big strawberry pincushion in Carrie's booth was VERY attractive and was being fondled a great deal. More, please.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

You know... if Tammy, Sherry and Mindy REALLY loved you, they would have gotten real tattoos... or maybe they do have real cherry tattoos and they just couldn't show them "in public."

Pssst... that's not LeAnne... that is Kathy Schmitz in the picture with Elizabeth, Laurie and Carrie.

6:49 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

So what was the ANNOUNCEMENT that Tammy made??

Is your purse pattern available? It is sooo cute!

12:07 PM  
Anonymous sandra said...

hello! i am a friend of tammy tadd & gals... shewrry (say it like elmer fudd, please) tells me that you are a hoot. some day i would like to travel along on one of these fun trips and get in on all the laughs. i visit your blog daily & enjoy you so. :)

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older