Thursday, November 01, 2007

Around the Neighborhood

Here's the booth. I think it turned out so cool. Elizabeth does the booth design herself, then the three of us, Elizabeth, Julie and I, hang the drapes, the quilts and put out the stuff together.

Mary of Mary's Cottage Quilts was over one on the other side of the row! We met Mary in Salt Lake City, she's a lot of fun. I didn't get a picture of her and her posse, so I hope she shows them over on her blog. It's a lot of fun when you're close to people you like! Mary rocked those brochures like a pro!

Across from Mary and next to us was Janet Rice-Bredin of Botanical Art Quilts. Whose camera was I using when I was taking pictures that I have no Janet in them? I could swear I had a picture of her. She was very nice and after some careful prodding did provide us with some delightful chocolates. Janet, I look forward to seeing you again! Portland?



Moda Home was across the way, here's Whitney and Alison. They are twice as sweet as you might guess. (and more than a little afraid of us ...just ask Elizabeth!) They were so nice to us, and I can't thank them enough for the potholders! (which I will be hoarding and never using,they're too dang cute)


The girls really know how to have fun dismantling the booth.They had a ton of stuff to put away!


Here's Holly and Alison, and rumor has it, the Urban Chiks . Yup people, we know the Urban Chiks. Now I really really wish I'd finished up the purse out of the Blossom fabric I bought right before market. I loved their Summer in the City line, and I have the post to prove it.

That's the neighborhood. Next post will be my shameless posting of photos of some of the famous people we know!!!!! Prepare to roll your eyes!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Camille said...

I LOVE these Market updates, pictures and stories!!! KEEP it up! No eye rolling here!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth's booth looked beautiful! I did see her booth as I raced by one of the mornings trying to take the whole show in prior to market opening! Once again - I didn't get to meet the both of you - boo hoo. I'm not even sure If I saw you in passing this time around! Oh well, we always have Portland! I did think of you though as I quilt shop hopped prior to market and alas - there was no white with yellow polka dot fabric to be found. bummer

3:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos no matter whose camera they came from. Your links are also linking the virtual to the real for me. I have been to so many designer's blogs, then I met them in real life all the while not connecting the blog to the real person. You've filled in that link for several people. I'm sitting with my coffee saying, 'oh, that's who that is.' Perhaps this confirms I'm a little slow on the uptake...

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun!! Can't wait to see them all.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all the pictures, especially since I couldn't be there in person! And I can't wait to see all your famous friends, you famous hobnobber, you! ~A :-)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

Finally, thanks for the shot of Elizabeths booth, I was really wanting to really see what she has come up with. Love the Petaluma quilt!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

E's booth is soooooo darling. I want to just snuggle up and live in it!

Ok... show the potholder you scored from the darling Moda Home gals! I love the pic of them dismantling. Too cool. And so cool about the Urban Chicks! You know how I love that Blossom ;-)! And the Summer in the City I loved too (but no wink-winks on that).

Love these updates!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your booth is so completely gorgeous!! I'm going to have a booth in the spring at Portland. Could I maybe, possibly bug you sometime about booth setup stuff? I'm nervous about it and I love your expertise. Pretty please...

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow ... you know lots of people! These pictures and links are fun. Hey ... and I know Celine too ... have known her for a million years before she became a designer. It's fun to see her at market selling her patterns. And it was GREAT seeing you again a market ... but somehow it's so much more fun seeing you at the Cottage with $$$ in your hands! Come back to Minnesota ... we miss you ...

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older