Thursday, September 21, 2006

PamKittyDay

Today was a PamKittyDay! But not the whole day spent sitting on the computer looking at Japanese Craft books on the Kitty-Craft site but GOING TO AN ACTUAL STORE AND LOOKING AT THEM!!!! I kid you not my friends! A real store. Jackie mentioned buying some Japanese Craft magazines in San Jose the other day and I pretty much freaked out!! I mean San Jose! Its close!! So I (probably scared her) asked her to give me the info, which of course (out of fear) she immediately gave to me! Wow!! I know. Can you believe it?

So right off since I was going that way, I told Frankie I'd meet up with her to give her the Blackberry power cord she left at home on her visit. I pulled up to her car and passed the charger her way! Don't they look happy! And it's not like I ditched them, they had class in a few minutes. So, that's Frankie driving, Candace and Garrett. Does Candace look just a tad familiar? She was a model early in this season's Project Runway! I know!!! Celebrity sighting! ON MY BLOG!!! And Garrett... is he the cutest? What a smile!

So I grabbed a cup of coffee and headed back up to the Land of Japanese Craft Books! Latte and a book on tape.. I'll pretty much drive anywhere! Mapquest told me just how to get to the address but unfortunately in my excitement I failed to note the finer points of Jackie's email and pulled into the shopping center and didn't remember which was the name of the center and which was the name of the store. And I didn't remember it was a bookstore .. I mean it could have been a market right? And the market was big and named one of the names I remembered so I walked through several times but not a magazine in sight. Hmm. Back in the parking lot I looked at my other options and what I thought was a video store really was a BOOKstore. And DUH, the same street number from the email.

What a great store. Nice, clean, light, lots of room. And lots of books and periodicals. I walked the whole store once or twice before I found what I was looking for and it was the MOTHER LODE of books and magazines. I probably was there about an hour and a half. I ended up with three magazines. I can't wait to pour over them. Photos tomorrow, because Blogger thinks one photo is enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

Oh you LUCKY, LUCKY girl,, Im really drooling now...!!!! Have a great time!
~cheers~
Angie

9:53 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Real! Live! Japanesse! Craft! Books!

So jealous.

And Frankie looks so cute all fresh faced and happy with that cute scarf around her neck.

4:11 AM  
Blogger Green Kitchen said...

I think i've been to that same bookstore. An hour and a half sounds luxurious. I think I had about 15 kid-free minutes in there, but came away with a couple nice books.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older