Friday, October 02, 2015

TGIF

Hi there!  How did your week go?  It was the usual around here, up until we had RAIN RAIN RAIN! Friends, I can't even tell you how great that was!  RAIN!  So week=made with that.

Primrose
 
I also got some fabric cut out.  I'm making  the Primrose quilt from the Fat Quarter Style, it's cute, it comes in a variety of sizes, and I'll be needing a baby quilt soon, I have a friend having her first grand baby and this seemed like the perfect thing.

Primrose
 
My friend Sarah made this quilt recently and I liked her version, but she wasn't loving it.  I get that, sometimes in your head it just seems like it should turned out cuter.   I really do like her version, and I like it even more going back and looking at it today.  I decided to give it a try in a light background, so I'll see if I like it better.  I might just like it differently, not necessarily better.  Light backgrounds are in my comfort zone, and it seemed more babyish to me.. so I went that direction.  But I'm loving the navy in the book version. 
 
I'll let you know how it turns out.  This weekend we're moving the remaining furniture to Frankie's.  So next week I'll be all about the Aleve. 
 
OHMYGOSH!  Final bit of business I almost forgot!  The winner of the Splash of Color blog hop is Melody Lutz who said " Blogger These ate MY kind of quilts...no fear of COLOR! "  Please email me Melody so I can forward your information along and you can receive your e-copy!

Ok, everyone, have a great weekend! xo
 

5 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Loving the fabrics Pam. Can't wait to see the finished project. And make sure Frankie takes it all....our garage still holds the remnants of 3 kids and one granddaughter who went to USC. Cars, no room for them! It's like the kids want to be sure you won't forget them. 😜

7:31 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

I will anxious to see the baby blanket. Such bright and pretty colors.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Elaine K said...

Sarah's quilt is gorgeous! But that's also a familiar feeling when something doesn't turn out like you thought it would.... Hopefully she will love it after awhile.

I love the fabrics you chose, but I am biased! ;) Have a wonderful weekend! :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Rain would be so wonderful! I'm just trying to be satisfied with temps below 100!!!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm beyond happy that you got rain. California so desperately needs it. :) Love those fabrics.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older