Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Countdown to Christmas


Good morning! Have you been following along with  Quiltmaker's Count down to Christmas

QMs_CountdowntoXmas2

There's a lot of fun things going on over there, and it's not to late to hop over and check it out.  I particularly like the snowflake table runner by Ann Weber.  Its a nice winter time runner, so you don't have to put it away with the Christmas decorations.   I love it in the red, and think it would be fantastic in blue as well!

supplies

Looking for a quick last minute gift? It's the perfect time to take a look at my quick and easy pot holder pattern.  It's free, and you can download the pdf and make one today! Just click on the link to the right and you're practically done.  All you need is 4 fabric circles, 2 squares of Insul-Bright and a package of jumbo rick rack.

potholder

I whipped this one out yesterday watching some Law and Order! I plan on giving it as a gift. Or maybe hoarding it for myself!  Looking for something to go with it? Hop over to my friend Elizabeth's blog and scroll for the link on her sidebar for her free pears tea towel pattern. It's also quick and easy. Wouldn't a matching pot holder and tea towel be the perfect hostess gift?
 
Of course it's pretty late in the game now I suppose, so maybe you'll just save up these easy ideas for after Christmas when things slow down!  Hop on over to The Quilty Pleasures blog,   think spring and leave a comment to win a little bundle of sunshine from me! Thanks for stopping by!

9 Comments:

Blogger circle r motel said...

Thanks for the fun ideas!! I'm gonna do the Civil War quilt, but I'll be using some Civil War fabrics I have left over from a project a few years ago that never materialized. I have to order the book now, but might have to wait until after Christmas.

6:20 AM  
Blogger hafza said...

The pot holder is so cute...I've save the pattern for future and many thanks for sharing the lovely pears tea towel free pattern. I will try to find time for both! Thank you.

7:18 AM  
Blogger WeedyMama said...

Actually, I need to get out of this chair and go whip up a couple of potholders for this Christmas. So much temptation on the i'net.

9:46 AM  
Blogger VickiT said...

Just love how 'happy' the potholder looks. I hope that makes sense. LOL I love it.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Thanks so much for the pot holder tutorial and the Coffee Klatch pattern. Both are charming!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Diane H said...

Yipppeee! I have all the ingredients to make some of your adorable potholders. Just in time for gifts. Happy Holidays!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

I love this pattern! I will have to make some for my daughters and myself. Thanks!

12:32 PM  
Blogger jrt14 said...

Thank you for sharing such a cute pattern. I am always looking for quick and easy gift ideas.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Keri F said...

Hi Pam! Just catching up on a few blogs and always love reading yours. I bought fabric from my Guild's rummage sale that will make perfect spring potholders for my girlfriends. So now I will cut circles and get sewing. Luv to have a project to dive into. Happy stitching!
Keri in CA

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older