Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More Quilting in the Garden

Today's photos from Quilting in the Garden are from featured artist Judy Mathieson. Judy is well known to long time quilters like me as the quintessential authority on Mariner's Compass blocks. I tried to capture as many of her beautiful quilts as possible, look at the quilts at the entry. Amazing.



 I hope you'll click on the link to Judy's website to see the photos in her gallery.  There's a fun animal  category including some great dog quilts like this one. We had a blue Australian Shepard and this quilt really captures the attentive look  those dogs give their herd. 


Under this large oak tree Judy had a table and was showing people her method for paper piecing. I hope you'll click on the link to Judy's website to see the photos in her gallery. 





The setting is wonderful.  And we saw a huge flock of  blue birds hanging out in the oaks. I couldn't believe we had them in our area.


Still a few pictures left for tomorrow. Hope you guys have a great day! xo

5 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Truly amazing! Would love to witness a hanging like that...maybe one day!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the pic's with all the quilts hanging on the line. Looks like this was a wonderful event. Thank you for sharing.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Every year I get to go to the show thanks to you!! I also think of it is as my PKManniversary - I think your first show post is the first time I left a comment on your blog! And look at us now!

PS... are you up for some Emil time?! I'll be there next week!! xxoo??!!

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Joy said...

Wow! That is really beautiful quilts. I really love the patterns. So cool!

Joy @ http://www.CheapSheds.co.nz

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Wedding dresses said...

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the good work.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older