Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One Hot Mess

I'm not going to lie, everything here is a mess right now, including my sewing table. I get that feeling that little kids must get when they are sent to their rooms to clean up. Overwhelmed. Panic.


But then I just make a little room and get busy. I'll take the Scarlett O'Hara approach for now.



The block is done. I'll take a group photo later, when there's some sunshine. I think I'm going to need another block with some green soon. For balance. I'm telling you, it's not too late to start making these blocks. They all go together so fast. Check the flickr group, there's a lot of good inspiration there!

Ok, have a happy day!

p.s. After looking at the block in the photo I see how TOTALLY OFF that seam in the upper left hand corner is! I guess I should have turned on that extra light! It's fixed now!

12 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh Pam I love the fact you are just as crazy, the seam looks fine but I'd have to take it apart too! The blocks are adorable I have been been holding my breath and turning the other way. Have a great week.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Ahem. What are you and Mary ann talking about? I can't see it -- it looks great to me!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Great block...I need to make mine now! And the Scarlett O'Hara approach is a life-saver when you are crazy busy...I use it all the time!

7:17 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

But such a happy little mess you have going on--at least in this portion your space. Sterile environments belong in labs, not sewing rooms.

Have a great day!

7:40 AM  
Blogger dream quilt create said...

Your prints would make any block look pretty!!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Super cute. Wish we could sew together.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

Love your sweet block and it's perfect in your fabric:)
xxoo

2:36 PM  
Blogger Terry Conner said...

I look forward to your blog every day when I get home from work. I like to see what you have worked on. I have some blocks going and I'm painting a design I made for fabric. Thanks.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

your block is so pretty! and even your mess is lovely!! :)

10:41 PM  
Blogger Bobbie said...

Melissa P got it right- sterile enviroments are for labs not sewing rooms!

Love the block!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Grandma Shell said...

I love how you combine seemingly unrealted prints and it evolves into something so beautiful!

LOL I just noticed the armadillo in your Quilt Market Report graphic! I didn't think they lived in CA!!!

Your blogs always inspire me to get busy and create SOMETHING, anything!

5:04 PM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

love the block but I love those red handles scissors!
LOL
and the adorable note pad, one never has enough note pads or fabric....

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older