Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Sewing weather

Just like in the winter when it rains, super hot weather is sewing weather. Yesterday was one of those days, just too hot to do anything but stay inside. I went out long enough to go to the post office and the grocers.. that was it. Gotta say though, the post office was so cool inside I was a little sorry that it only took a couple of seconds to get my letter mailed thanks to my pal the postal ATM.


Anyway...way back before market I'd found a little gem while I was reading my blogs. Katie's post here shows off her wonderful asterisk pillow and I went off my nut looking at it. So go, look at it and you'll see what I mean (you need to scroll just a tad and then it's all BEHOLD LOOK AT ME.) I love it and it's not too cute... it's just the right amount of cute. I'm not kidding, go look.



Yesterday I was determined to give it a try, so I got out some of my Annie's Farm Stand and used these instructions to make a block.


I love how nice and tidy it presses up. It seems like it will be the perfect thing for a sew day. I could prepare my squares and strips, pack up my small cutting mat and be on my way in no time.


Some careful pressing had mine lining up to the 6 inches it's supposed to be, I'll be more careful in the future.


Still I totally love it. I know I'm really late to this party, but it wasn't till I saw Katie's that I was totally won over by it. Ok, now what are you guys sewing on?

10 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

Very cute. I do love your fabrics.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

It's perfect in every way Pam....you had me at red gingham:).....
xx
Lori

7:55 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Gosh that is a perfect sew day project, not to much precise to get in the way of chatting! Love the red gingham too Pam.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I agree about the staying inside thing...ugh!! The heat and humidity here is really bad!! That block is so cute...off to check out the links!

8:52 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Sorry...I'm back :-)! OMW Katie's pillow is the cutest thing EVER!!! I know what I will have running through my brain now...have to make one of these!

8:55 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Gosh everything you do is so cute! I agree a great day to sew!!! Love your blog!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that pillow is so cute...I feel inspired to put away my knitting needles and break out my sewing machine :)

3:10 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

This party is never too late. Even for me. I want to make these!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Kristyne said...

Oh you DID make me look ... and now I have to make one too! I don't know if I should blame you or hug you ;)

Sorry, but your comment box I'm sure isn't long enough to list all my WIPs ... starting with FWQAL and ending with something I started in the 80s! haha

3:05 PM  
Blogger Becky R said...

Gosh, I really like this block!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older