Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Super Tuesday

Hi hi hi... I know its been a while. I've been busy sewing for the past 4 days, practically nonstop! My Celebrity Stunt Sewing has kicked into high gear. Project one is now done, and tomorrow I'll start in on project two! Today I brought it over to show Alex, and what a surprise, Ricky Tims was there! He shot a short video of Alex and I with the quilt for the video blog on The Quilt Show website. I don't know when it will air. Don't worry, you'll know me- I've got my denim dress on. I swear, I hardly even wear it anymore.. so it was just my good luck today. (insert heavy eye roll here) I have no explanation of what's going on with my hair though, so your guess is as good as mine. Alex looks great as usual.
The weather here is lovely, I walked down to my polling place and cast my ballot. I'm thinking back to 1972, the year I turned 18, and first presidential election after the passage of the 26th Amendment. All I can say is.. We've come a long way baby! It's about time.
On to more frivalous notes, Elizabeth is blogging about our trip so you can check in for more photos with her. We did have a great time.

I can't help it, what an awesome name for a shop. Dirty Laundry is the (slightly) naughty half of the The Laundry Company.


This is our host Kirk (I hope I have that right) and he was a lot of fun. There is so much to look at there, and Elizabeth and I both came away with bags-o-goodies. There were some favorites of mine there, like Mr. Bacon vs Monsieur Tofu and Unicorn vs. Narwal. Hilarious.

Just down the street a tad we saw something interesting in the window of another shop. Thank goodness we had stopped!

Birds of a Feather was a beautiful store chock full of glittery goodness. I found a few things but look at that bag Elizabeth is carrying!

Their website has a lot of great photos on it.

Ok, enough for today my friends. I'm tired. Bret and I have been on the lookout for different shows since all our regular shows are now on reruns. We've started watching NCIS, and it turns out that we're like TV junkies at night. We belly up to the TV bar and just keep asking for one more now that we have season one on DVD.

Maybe that explains the hair.

12 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I can attest to the fact that the denim dress is spending more time than ever in your closet...but maybe it's time to burn it.
Put your Cath Kidston matches to good use!

And good grief--that bag looks like I've got the whole store inside! And I only bought 2 things.

8:36 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

lol at Elizabeth's comments. :-)
So weird about the nomination votes today! I keep repeating to myself "A woman or a black man" just because I'm old enough to know...that is HUGE!! So glad. Maybe there IS hope for our kids!
Looks like you two had a great time! Thanks for all the pics.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

ROFLOL!!! Very funny Elizabeth. But not the Cath Kidston matches please!!!!
And I might say OMG how big is that bag she's carrying and what was inside it??

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sewing, shopping, sounds like heaven! And, you're also warm. We got inches of snow last night and schools are closed every where!

5:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I was just looking at Elizabeth's pics too and Emma walked in the room and saw the pic of you driving and said "PAM!" Too cute! She remembers you! Good luck with the sewing, can't wait to see what you are up to!

6:56 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

What a fun trip. The shops look adorable and Elizabeth only bought 2 things? HUGE things, I'd imagine. I need to take a road trip. I'm sick of our little shops. The weird thing is that during the winter, stuff around her closes til spring. I'm not used to that and the little shops up north that I want to go to aren't open. Darn.

We vote absentee, so no excuse to run out to our voting place. The only excuse would be because it's in WASHINGTON! :) And I could go see Monica!! woot. Who needs more of an excuse than that! :)

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovin' the road trip diaries! And the Denim Dress Diaries too.

My first election was in the 70's too. I donned my peasant dress and marched down to my neighbor's garage and I was so, so, so excited. I still get excited when I vote. I miss voting in a polling place. My neighbors garage, and then later at the LDS church by my house. I love that big book they look up your name in... hey, look at me - I'm somebody on a very privilege list!

In Oregon it's a mail-in ballot. It's easy, but not as exciting as going to the polling booth and getting that cool "I voted" sticker. Man I miss that sticker! I was sooooo homesick for California yesterday and am living the voting experience through you. :o)

10:55 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Pam reading you is like a burst of daily sunshine. I love your style and your quilts. We could be great friends, or really I believe we could, anyway. That trip sounds so fun and the shop looks great. When I go out with my friends like that its always the high point of the week.

And then speaking of TV. Yikes I've started searching daytime TV for something to records. Yuk.

Anyway, I love the blog.

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your road trip!

next time....car-top carrier. Poor Elizabeth should not restricted to just one bag!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I love Cambria! One of the Fam's favorite get-away-from-the-crazy-Bay-Area spots. Now I can't wait to go in March for my birthday/ SimpleArts Retreat. Yay yay! I'm glad you and Elizabeth had a great time!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Oh, Pam, you have such cool brushes with greatness!!
sounds like a fun road trip too!
mary

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good grief, I wanna go on the road with YOU! You like my style of things to buy for sure. Thank you for the great colors and inspiration. Hope to see that shop in Cambria someday. So many cute things!
Cheery Goodbye,
Mary Lou Weidman

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older