Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Pamkittymorning + Blogger = Luv (for now)

Finally.

Elizabeth and I sitting in the Oakland Airport.. she picked me up at 4am. Wow, I can't believe I wanted to post this picture so bad. Ugh. Well, I'd like to think my head doesn't look like the moon but this photo and blogger tells me otherwise.



If I hadn't seen the whole convention center as it was the 2 days before market started, I'd have never believed it. The place was a wreck. This is the booth with just a few of the boxes in it. Elizabeth shipped 14 boxes to her in-laws.



This is the booth before market opened at 9:30 2 days later. Didn't take that long to get it set up, we were basically done by the end of the first day, just a few things were added the second day. Some people had some seriously elaborate booths. And then there were the not-so-elaborate booths. And ugly booths, and amazing booths. What's most obvious is that everyone loves what they do.



Here's our first celebrity guest, Alex Anderson. In a venue like this its hard not to notice that's she's a star, but at home she's our friend Alex. It was her encouragement that got Elizabeth moving towards her own shiny spot in our quilting universe. Alex is a wonderful person and a great friend.



Lastly, and most certainly not least, here's Julie, Elizabeth's sister-in-law. Without her to drive us around, store and cart our stuff and just in general be a good sport about helping, we couldn't have done it. Thanks Julie. It was a great pleasure meeting you.


7 Comments:

Blogger Angelina said...

Great pictures. The booth looks super inviting! I really wish I could have gone to that quilt show.

You don't look like a moon.

8:57 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

not to sound like a screaming teenager, but OH MY GAWD, YOU KNOW ALEX ANDERSON?!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! Yes they both know & have sewn for Alex!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! When my mom and I had a shop I used to love to go to the gift show in SF--lots to inspire!

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You aren't a MOON, you're a STAR!!! I could never have done it without you--you are the best Trusty Sidekick ever!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stand looks so lovely. I hope mine looks as lovely as yours. It seems like the whole of blog land is out doing the fairs right now! What fun!!

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam (and Elizabeth) -- your booth looks great! I'm so jealous of you girls!! I'm living the designer life vicarioulsy through your blog and website! Thanks for sharing all the fun!

Mary Anne (the midlife crisis mom in Jim Thorpe, Pa)

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older