Friday, January 06, 2017

TGIF

How was your week?  I had a nice week, some rainy days and some sunny days!  This week I received a surprise in the mail from Fat Quarter Shop

OrangePeel1

You might have read about these templates over on the Jolly Jabber.  The set includes 4 templates of the classic orange peel applique shape designed to fit on 3", 4", 5" and 6" finished squares.  I immediately fired up Photoshop to do some digital sewing. Right off I wondered about putting a peel on a four patch. I came up with these two blocks.

OrangePeelBlocks

I tried each in a layout.

orangepeel1

Dramatically different.

orangepeel2

I even alternated the two blocks.

OrangePeelAlternate

 Very fun!  But don't worry you don't have to go it alone with your templates, there are four patterns designed to use the templates! 

OrangePeel2
 
So clever! And check out this verion of Round Robin that I saw on Instagram! It's perfect! I love 30's fabrics and they're a perfect choice for the orange peel shape. 
 
Ok  that's it for this week!!!  Hope you have a great weekend! xop
 
 
 

3 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Have a great weekend and stay dry. Hope the Pineapple Express bypasses you! These are so cute! I might just have to figure out machine appliqué. It used Tom be in my skill Set!

8:34 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I wonder if I used enough ! in my first comment?😂😂😂

8:34 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

You could make butterflies with them!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older