Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Tuesday


So how was yesterday?  I had a busy fun day sewing away.  Got my peppermint made.. so cute. Seriously you should totally make one of these just for the fun of it. It felt good to stitch it up!   I'm a novice at finished edge applique so   I stitched a scant 1/4 inch row of basting stitches around the edge making it easy to turn under.


peppermint

peppermint and candy canes

I also made some candy canes.  Those were super fun, especially since Frankie stuffed them for me with her tiny little hands! I'm going to make some more soon. they're very fun. I remember when Elizabeth made a ton, they were so cute! Check out that link for some cute felt candy canes. 

Elizabeth's candy canes
 
I love the tulle and the glitter,  so festive. I probably won't give mine the tulle treatment, but I will tie them up with some nice ribbon.  That would be cute too!  Sometimes the fun is in the making.  Anyway my peppermint is going to turn into a pillow soon.  I should get to work. Have a fun day!

12 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Love the peppermint! It will be a great pillow!

5:06 AM  
Blogger randi--i have to say said...

I do love the peppermint whirl! So cute!

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Pat Sloan said...

i want a peppermint!!! that is really cute... i'm addicted to stripes!

5:23 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

what a spectacular idea!!!

6:18 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

That's just too stinkin' cute PKM! I LOVE that stripe -- and it's perfect both for the dresden AND the candy canes!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Those stripes are the perfect Christmas fabric. The candy canes are just darling!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Lori Holt said...

I love your stripey things Pam...the block is adorable...and those candy canes are so cute!
I want to make some now:)

7:16 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Now I need to add this to my list LOL! Love those candy canes, too! And how you placed the stripes - perfect!!! Thanks for the fun idea with the tulle too!

7:18 AM  
Blogger Sharon S said...

Super cute Pam.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

The peppermint is darling. I love it. Don't make me want to make one more thing before Christmas! I want to. I have my Christmas fabric box sitting here tempting me. The candy canes are super cute. I hate stuffing. But Whitney has those tiny hands, too. I wonder.... (wish Allison and Lizzy could make those tiny hands work!)

11:51 AM  
Blogger Belle and Buttercup said...

Love your peppermint pillow! What an awesome idea!

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

I have to do at least one of those. I agree, it will make a cute pillow. When we had our house, I did an all peppermint tree and decorations in the living room. Now I need to go find that fabric. Sew,sew cute.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older