Monday, September 24, 2012

Quilting in the Garden

Yesterday I went over to Alden Lane to check out all the amazing quilts. I met up with my friend Deb and we ran into Alex first thing. I think this might be the first time I've actually seen her all year.

 
Today I think I'll show you the amazing beaded quilts of guest artist Thom Atkins .  I can't stop thinking about this wonderful piece.  The ravens are so beautiful.  Pictures cannot possibly do these pieces justice. 




 
It was a great show.  I'll have more photos for you (to cover up the fact that I didn't sew) this week. I had a lovely afternoon with Debbie and Deb.  So how was your weekend? 

11 Comments:

Blogger Melissa P said...

Love those ravens! Wow. Looks like a great time. I can't wait to see more pics.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Sharon S said...

Love the beaded quilts. My daughter was there yesterday too & posted some lovely pics to FB. Can't wait to see more.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

I was over in the garden too... I was keeping an eye out for you! I didn't see you but I saw these amazing art quilts!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

love a good outdoors show, fun

11:39 AM  
Blogger karen @ badlandsquilts said...

Gorgeous quilts!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The beadwork on the raven is wonderful. These are quilts on a totally different level!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Marsha said...

Pam, sorry I missed you at Alden Lane. I was probably out spending money in the nursery. What a beautiful setting and great quilt show. I loved it all.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Nancy B said...

You are so lucky to know Alex. I used to watch her on TV a few years back. Does she still have a show?

Happy Sewing!
Nancy

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Noelle said...

Those are just wonderful design. It is so artistic and beautiful. I really like it. Thanks a lot for the share. Lovely!

Noelle @ CheapSheds NZ LTD

6:23 AM  
Blogger circle r motel said...

Fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Wedding dresses said...

I am so glad this internet thing works and your article really helped me. Might take you up on that home advice you.

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older